[VivifxAMV] - AwwKward (AWA Pro 2015)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

[VivifxAMV] - AwwKward (AWA Pro 2015)

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 am

YouTube

This has been a rather slow year for me on the AMV front because of work and moving, but I really wanted to get my act together for AWA Pro though, and so I made this video in a few weeks.

Unfortunately I ran out of time and the version I submitted to Pro was a little less polished than I wanted it to be. But as soon as I got back I cleaned it up. And that's the version you see here.

I really wanted to try tackling the romance genre again as I was unhappy with what I achieved with Maybe, my last romance video. Since this was the first AMV I have done in Premiere that hasn't been under a crazy tight deadline I really wanted to explore the dynamic link between Premiere and After Effects, and experiment with motion and FXs to find the perfect balance between too crazy and just crazy enough. I was trying to use this video as a learning experience as a whole, and I feel like I learned a lot! Pretty proud of this video as a whole.

Lemme know what you think of my derpy video.
ImageImage

tayuyashoujo
Org Profile

Re: [VivifxAMV] - AwwKward (AWA Pro 2015)

Post by tayuyashoujo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

Well if this isn't the perfect song for a GSNK romance video, I don't know what is. I wasn't really on-board until the chorus started and I bust a gut; from then on it was pure fun.
I think some of the flashes on some of the minor beats were a little too strong for what they were meant to be, but that's pretty minor and it was still super enjoyable.
And the MMV editor in me was very happy with those credits (even if the song startled the hell outta me).

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:52 am

tayuyagirl wrote:Well if this isn't the perfect song for a GSNK romance video, I don't know what is. I wasn't really on-board until the chorus started and I bust a gut; from then on it was pure fun.
I think some of the flashes on some of the minor beats were a little too strong for what they were meant to be, but that's pretty minor and it was still super enjoyable.
And the MMV editor in me was very happy with those credits (even if the song startled the hell outta me).
Thank you so much! Yeah it's a little misleading as a video until that chorus pops in.

Thanks for the advice about the flashes and I'm glad you enjoyed the credits, loud song and all XD - I had a ton of fun making them. I would love to explore more Manga editing in the future! |:>
ImageImage

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 pm

My ohh my. I lol'd :awesome:

Cool vid, maybe few smaller stuff was up to question, but i enjoyed :beer:
Still better than that MMO.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:53 pm

*insert same joke I've been saying here. :up:

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 pm

This video is cute, and I really like it. A few of the technical things feel a tad excessive, but nothing that messes up the enjoyment of the video. The rewatch value on this is crazy high, and I always have a lovely time watching it! Awesome job ^^

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:40 pm

This was cool and derpy :up:
Hi.

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:44 pm

M'o'l wrote:My ohh my. I lol'd :awesome:

Cool vid, maybe few smaller stuff was up to question, but i enjoyed :beer:
Thank you!
Shin-AMV wrote:*insert same joke I've been saying here. :up:
BUT WHERE IS MY :taco: ??????
Xophilarus wrote:This video is cute, and I really like it. A few of the technical things feel a tad excessive, but nothing that messes up the enjoyment of the video. The rewatch value on this is crazy high, and I always have a lovely time watching it! Awesome job ^^
XD I dunno if we are ever gonna see eye to eye about technical stuff haha. Our styles are so vastly different XD Glad you enjoyed it!!
Koopiskeva wrote:This was cool and derpy :up:
:ying: :ying:
ImageImage

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:46 pm

1:19 to like 2:00 confirmed for god tier. Amazing work!

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:13 pm

VivifxAMV wrote: BUT WHERE IS MY :taco: ??????
:pizza:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”