AMV#2 - Desolation of Bahamut

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
chataolauj
Org Profile

AMV#2 - Desolation of Bahamut

Post by chataolauj » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 pm

I would like some feedback/advice because the feedback/advice that I got from my first AMV really helped me with this AMV. Also, don't shy from giving me harsh, negative feedback if you're willing to express them. Thanks and enjoy.

Link: https://vimeo.com/121641168
Last edited by chataolauj on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

chataolauj
Org Profile

Re: AMV#2 - Desolation of Bahamut

Post by chataolauj » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm

There are views, but why doesn't anyone comment? I want some feedback -.-

chataolauj
Org Profile

Post by chataolauj » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

chataolauj wrote:There are views, but why doesn't anyone comment? I want some feedback -.-

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 am

This was pretty well-edited. I liked the quiet parts more than the action sequences, maybe because they seemed more fitting to the song, maybe because I just found them more interesting, compositionally-speaking. I was really skeptical of this at first because the music just didn't seem befitting of an action AMV, but down the stretch it kind of won me over and gave the video the kind of interesting flavor that I don't usually see in AMVs like this.

The intro was good. The introduction of the characters felt a little spoiled by all the mouth movements. Could have done without that but I've no idea what else you were working with here so take that with a grain of salt.

I've never seen this anime, not sure if it would be my cup of tea, to be honest. I think I was able to follow the gist of the story here, at least in getting a basic idea of the characters and their world. I didn't get much of a sense of what makes this anime unique or what it means to you (if anything). None of that's a requirement but I guess that's something I always look for as a viewer. As it is it's a good action AMV, and I like the tone of it, but it felt cut from the same cloth of a lot of other action AMVs I've seen.

I don't know if I have anything more to say about it right now, I guess you could have done this or that but you're not here to focusgroup your work now are you?

Also, if I had to pick between watching any of the Hobbit movies, or this AMV on a loop for 3 hours, I would definitely choose this and I know I'd never regret that decision.

chataolauj
Org Profile

Post by chataolauj » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:03 pm

seasons wrote:I was really skeptical of this at first because the music just didn't seem befitting of an action AMV, but down the stretch it kind of won me over and gave the video the kind of interesting flavor that I don't usually see in AMVs like this.

The intro was good. The introduction of the characters felt a little spoiled by all the mouth movements. Could have done without that but I've no idea what else you were working with here so take that with a grain of salt.

I've never seen this anime, not sure if it would be my cup of tea, to be honest. I think I was able to follow the gist of the story here, at least in getting a basic idea of the characters and their world. I didn't get much of a sense of what makes this anime unique or what it means to you (if anything).
Explanation/Reply To Above Comments:
1) I don't really consider this an action AMV, but they didn't have an adventure category, so I went with action.
2) I didn't know a good way to introduce the characters without the scene where their mouths are moving; would've messed up the flow of the storyline.
3) I'm glad you got the gist of the story because that was my goal, and I changed up the story from the original story of the anime; left out a few spoilers from the anime.
4) There's really nothing unique about this anime, but I just thought that the song and anime went well together after I finished watching the anime.

Thanks for the comment/feedback. I really do appreciate it.

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I haven't seen this show before, but I feel like I got a good idea watching this. It felt like a journey! Some of the scenes were a bit too fast paced for the music, but I think the message of the song fits.

chataolauj
Org Profile

Post by chataolauj » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:00 pm

deadantsmell wrote:I haven't seen this show before, but I feel like I got a good idea watching this. It felt like a journey! Some of the scenes were a bit too fast paced for the music, but I think the message of the song fits.
I'm glad you got a good idea of what the AMV was about because that was my goal for this AMV, and I tried my best to sync the scenes with the beat rather than the pace of the song if that makes sense. Also, if you haven't seen it and was considering watching it, then I didn't spoil too much for you. My AMV took a different course from the anime.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

I really like this one. I haven't seen the show before but I kind of want to now after watching this. I agree that some of the action scenes felt off and I think that 's because the song is a bit slower, but the slower parts of the amv fit really well. In the beginning of the amv where you cut to the black screens, I think those would have worked a bit better if you fade them rather than just cut to black, or maybe at least faded the clips in from the black, cutting to the black didn't bother me but cutting to the clip from the black seemed weird.

chataolauj
Org Profile

Post by chataolauj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:02 pm

animefreak00007 wrote:I really like this one. I haven't seen the show before but I kind of want to now after watching this. I agree that some of the action scenes felt off and I think that 's because the song is a bit slower, but the slower parts of the amv fit really well. In the beginning of the amv where you cut to the black screens, I think those would have worked a bit better if you fade them rather than just cut to black, or maybe at least faded the clips in from the black, cutting to the black didn't bother me but cutting to the clip from the black seemed weird.
I'm glad that you liked it, and that it made you want to watch the anime. If you're considering watching it, then the original story of the anime is 25% different from my AMV.

For the beginning, it was rushed because I wanted to submit the AMV before the competition deadlines, and I didn't know what I wanted to do with the beginning of the song so it came last when I was editing. As for the action scenes, it was hard for me to not include them because that would've threw my concept off too much.

Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”