[Hatsune Miku] The Rolling Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
purplepolecat
Org Profile

[Hatsune Miku] The Rolling Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Post by purplepolecat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 pm

I'm pretty excited for Miku Expo next month, so I thought I'd add to the hype wave by making an AMV to one of Miku's most popular songs, Rolling Girl. The lyrics share some themes with TGWLTT, such as increasingly desperate attempts at redemption through repetition. No-one is sure what the "rolling" in the song refers to, but why not small scale time travel?

I added soft subs, but I can't vouch for the quality of the translation.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: [Hatsune Miku] The Rolling Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 am

I'm very appreciative of the subtitles. The extra lyric sync was nice, and it was the first time that I got to understand what the song meant. But I like the fact that the video works whether or not you know the actual translation of the song. Just knowing the rolling girl meme was enough to get me excited to watch this when I saw your thread title. I enjoyed it very much and it reminded me so much of (another Girl who Leapt through time vid that I love with a similar concept). I really wish I really wish that I could go to Miku Expo as well. I hope you have fun :D

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Re: [Hatsune Miku] The Rolling Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Post by Replay Studios » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:10 pm

great job ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”