Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

What makes one human, and one a monster? At what point does a human stray? Humanity is far too complex to throw us into categories like "good" or "bad". It is our emotions and feelings that drive us - distorting our perspective on whats right and wrong. That's what makes humanity so beautiful, yet so terrifying.

-

IDK if anyone remembers me haha I'm kinda nervous.. hi!! hello!! o/ I made a thing. ;;//
Last edited by Chiikaboom on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

My vagina is happy.

Also, I beta tested this video.

/thread virginity

|:>
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby AiimeaMVs » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Nice to see you're back! Also nice video you made there gurl. :bear:
AiimeaMVs

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 pm

this vid is gay
Lussuriioso

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 pm

this vid is gay
Lussuriioso

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

i posted that twice to let you know how i feel
Lussuriioso

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:36 pm

stephen stop oppressing me
Image ImageImage
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Postby Bollocks » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:05 pm

You already know my thoughts from the OP, so I'm not going to write tons here again. But, I do have a couple more things I want to quickly say. Firstly, I'm going to watch Hunter x Hunter now. I've had my eye on it for a while now, and this and stuff I've seen from the most recent episode has convinced me. Secondly, and more importantly, this video has inspired me to start editing properly again, so thanks for that :up:

Everything else I can say about this video, I've already said. It's beautiful, haunting, and utterly brilliant. Quite frankly, this gif can portray my reaction to it better then any words, so here you go:

"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"
Bollocks
Deranged Baboon

Postby MimS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:34 pm

I found the whole concept interesting, it's a very different HxH video and it was good from this pov
That said, the interest is kinda lowered 'cause the whole thing is also sort of repetitive so looking quite long in the end

But still, I like the video and if I can guarantee something : everybody in french community completely loves the song u used, me included XD.
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 pm

MouseBollocks wrote:You already know my thoughts from the OP, so I'm not going to write tons here again. But, I do have a couple more things I want to quickly say. Firstly, I'm going to watch Hunter x Hunter now. I've had my eye on it for a while now, and this and stuff I've seen from the most recent episode has convinced me. Secondly, and more importantly, this video has inspired me to start editing properly again, so thanks for that :up:

Everything else I can say about this video, I've already said. It's beautiful, haunting, and utterly brilliant. Quite frankly, this gif can portray my reaction to it better then any words, so here you go:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7decbUX251r5jtugo1_500.gif

Thank you so much!!! ^^

MimS wrote:I found the whole concept interesting, it's a very different HxH video and it was good from this pov
That said, the interest is kinda lowered 'cause the whole thing is also sort of repetitive so looking quite long in the end

But still, I like the video and if I can guarantee something : everybody in french community completely loves the song u used, me included XD.

I can understand that, a lot of the scenes look similar and can feel dragged. Thank you very much though!

Video is on local now, for those who may have been waiting =v=
Image ImageImage
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Postby M'o'l » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am

I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby Chiikaboom » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

M'o'l wrote:I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:

Thank you so much!!! =7=

and.. woww i did mess up the date thank you for telling me ;; this isn't even the first time I messed that up - one time I somehow had my computer date a week ahead and when I uploaded amv with the wrong date in the credits everyone thought I was a time traveler |:>
Image ImageImage
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Postby Cirera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am

This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.
Cirera

Postby CrackTheSky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 am

One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Chiikaboom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Cirera wrote:This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.

weeh thank you sososo much cutie pie!!! ;;///

CrackTheSky wrote:One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:

Thats ok man :up: thanks for checking it out anyway~!
Image ImageImage
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Next

Return to AMV Announcements