Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.
User avatar
Chiikaboom
memes
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm
Status: Eliminating the male species
Contact:
Org Profile

Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Image



"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

What makes one human, and one a monster? At what point does a human stray? Humanity is far too complex to throw us into categories like "good" or "bad". It is our emotions and feelings that drive us - distorting our perspective on whats right and wrong. That's what makes humanity so beautiful, yet so terrifying.

-

IDK if anyone remembers me haha I'm kinda nervous.. hi!! hello!! o/ I made a thing. ;;//
Last edited by Chiikaboom on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

User avatar
Radical_Yue
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

My vagina is happy.

Also, I beta tested this video.


/thread virginity

|:>
Image

User avatar
LunciA
Kawaii Weaboo Gamer
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:16 pm
Status: Uguu Kawaii Desu
Location: America
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby LunciA » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Nice to see you're back! Also nice video you made there gurl. :bear:

User avatar
Lussuriioso
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 pm

this vid is gay

User avatar
Lussuriioso
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 pm

this vid is gay

User avatar
Lussuriioso
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Lussuriioso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

i posted that twice to let you know how i feel

User avatar
Chiikaboom
memes
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm
Status: Eliminating the male species
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:36 pm

stephen stop oppressing me
Image ImageImage

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:01 pm
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Bollocks » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:05 pm

You already know my thoughts from the OP, so I'm not going to write tons here again. But, I do have a couple more things I want to quickly say. Firstly, I'm going to watch Hunter x Hunter now. I've had my eye on it for a while now, and this and stuff I've seen from the most recent episode has convinced me. Secondly, and more importantly, this video has inspired me to start editing properly again, so thanks for that :up:

Everything else I can say about this video, I've already said. It's beautiful, haunting, and utterly brilliant. Quite frankly, this gif can portray my reaction to it better then any words, so here you go:

Image
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Status: With all other Seleçãos
Location: Paris
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby MimS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:34 pm

I found the whole concept interesting, it's a very different HxH video and it was good from this pov
That said, the interest is kinda lowered 'cause the whole thing is also sort of repetitive so looking quite long in the end

But still, I like the video and if I can guarantee something : everybody in french community completely loves the song u used, me included XD.
Image
Image

User avatar
Chiikaboom
memes
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm
Status: Eliminating the male species
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 pm

MouseBollocks wrote:You already know my thoughts from the OP, so I'm not going to write tons here again. But, I do have a couple more things I want to quickly say. Firstly, I'm going to watch Hunter x Hunter now. I've had my eye on it for a while now, and this and stuff I've seen from the most recent episode has convinced me. Secondly, and more importantly, this video has inspired me to start editing properly again, so thanks for that :up:

Everything else I can say about this video, I've already said. It's beautiful, haunting, and utterly brilliant. Quite frankly, this gif can portray my reaction to it better then any words, so here you go:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7decbUX251r5jtugo1_500.gif


Thank you so much!!! ^^

MimS wrote:I found the whole concept interesting, it's a very different HxH video and it was good from this pov
That said, the interest is kinda lowered 'cause the whole thing is also sort of repetitive so looking quite long in the end

But still, I like the video and if I can guarantee something : everybody in french community completely loves the song u used, me included XD.


I can understand that, a lot of the scenes look similar and can feel dragged. Thank you very much though!

Video is on local now, for those who may have been waiting =v=
Image ImageImage

User avatar
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 am
Status: Star Huntin'
Location: Sweden
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Mol » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am

I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:
Still better than that MMO.
Image

User avatar
Chiikaboom
memes
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm
Status: Eliminating the male species
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

M'o'l wrote:I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:


Thank you so much!!! =7=

and.. woww i did mess up the date thank you for telling me ;; this isn't even the first time I messed that up - one time I somehow had my computer date a week ahead and when I uploaded amv with the wrong date in the credits everyone thought I was a time traveler |:>
Image ImageImage

User avatar
Cirera
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am
Location: England
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Cirera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am

This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.

User avatar
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:01 pm
Status: Maybe editing?
Location: Chicago
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby CrackTheSky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 am

One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:

User avatar
Chiikaboom
memes
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm
Status: Eliminating the male species
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Postby Chiikaboom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Cirera wrote:This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.


weeh thank you sososo much cutie pie!!! ;;///

CrackTheSky wrote:One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:


Thats ok man :up: thanks for checking it out anyway~!
Image ImageImage


Return to “AMV Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tigrin and 7 guests