[AWA Pro 2013] Boxxed

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[AWA Pro 2013] Boxxed

Postby AimoAio » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:33 pm

It had a concept....then it derailed into an eye candy fest. :( Nonetheless, I'm satisfied with it and I hope you all enjoy it! ^^
Spoiler :
Yes I've been working on this since April....XD It's probably outdone "You're Too Cute" in terms of hours of work.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Re: [AWA Pro 2013] Boxxed

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:06 pm

._. I like this... like... a lot...

Maria Holic with Marina and the Diamonds mixed with great editing... yeah... this is probably going to be a favorite of mine for awhile.

As far as concept goes... well... I feel like you were going to focus the concept on Mariya and Kanako and how abusive Mariya is too Kanako... But you realized how bad of a source Maria Holic is to edit with your concept so you stuck with the intros plus lots of masking along with a major focus on Mariya instead... Just a guess though.

Nevertheless... I will love this amv for a looooooooooooooooooong time...
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby Kisagi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 am

Nice job! :up: :up:
Kisagi

Postby xZAKUROx » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 am

I love it! :D
xZAKUROx

Postby lolligerjoj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 am

It's really good and hella fun. Great colorful visuals, typography and synchronization. I was going to criticize the lack of content...but I realized that this doesn't hurt the video's personality in any way, so I thought better of it.
It's one of those videos (like Orion, Caffeine Encomium and Do It Right) that are emotionally neutral (and so easily accessible), but still really enjoyable and clever. Great job.
Last edited by lolligerjoj on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
lolligerjoj

Postby Cecco » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 am

Good job Aimo! :P
Cecco
Biscotto

Postby ViKAMV » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 am

It was awesome, very enjoyable (:
ViKAMV

Postby Centurione » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 am

I loved the style in this <3 Great job, must have required a lot of work. I only wish some of the typos had more dynamic movement and were a little bit more varied but well yea, that's a tiny little thing.
Loved it <3

And actually, I hate this song but after watching the video once in the morning it got stuck in my head and I couldn't get rid of it later at all lol xD
Centurione

Postby FarmXD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 pm

This is a really good job. It gave me the feeling of been watching
one of those MTV music videos, but the level of this work
surpasses that crap a lot, because it's awsm! Nice one! I really liked it!
(Even if I hated the song so much xD, but graphically, the video
it's a nice view)
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Not a fan candy styled videos, but this was very well done. It seems a lot of the timing was cleaned up compared to the AWA Pro version, but I do have to mention how bad the lipsync is...for something that was a secondary focus in the video it really should have been better. I'd love to give this video a 4 or 5, but the lipsync irked me so much it really prevented me from giving it more than a 3. All that said, I can tell a lot of hard work was put into this video and it really shows with all the difficult transitions, masking, and other various effects looking very natural. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next video :)!
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby Chiiisus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm glad you finished this Pancake! Like I've said before this kind of video usually bugs me but this one was colourful in a good way. Also, that song will be forever stuck in my head. EDIT ONWARDS PANCAKE. MORE PLEASE. :ying:
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Postby SeNniN » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I really like this! It's really colourful, and the song goes really well with the source, and of course, your editing helped with that, too.
Creative use of typography here. I can see you've worked really hard on this with all that masking. o_o
Probably my favorite from you. keep it up, AimoAio! :up:
SeNniN

Postby CrackTheSky » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Glad you uploaded this! It's a great video - definitely one of my favorites from Pro. Few things that irked me - the lip sync was not good. It wasn't even really necessary, although if it had been done better it would have fit in really well. Also, at the end of the day the anime is pretty much secondary to the effects. You could have used almost any anime and made more or less the exact same video. This isn't an objectively bad thing, just a personal preference - I like for there to be a reason for the anime choice, and I didn't see it here.

That said, the editing is solid, the quality is great, love the song choice, and of course the effects work is superb. Well done :up:

4/5
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 am

Super mega awesome.

It feels like just a few months since I first saw a video in this style from you, I think it was the Hiyokoi MMV. You've gone leaps and bounds from that video to this, it's really inspiring. But even though this video was great, I feel if you refine this style even more, you could be one of the best typography editors ever (that I've watched at least xD). You have a really good eye for colors, and while some of the effects you used were ridiculously cool (like the hopscotch tiles she was walking on, or the self-fulfilled clip 2:35), others like the standard wipe thing at 1:09 weren't as innovative as the rest. I might just be nitpicky but I honestly feel that one of your next three videos in this style will make me poop my pants, and that's a good thing. xD Still a crazy good video though. Can't wait to see your next vid! :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby irriadin » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 am

Finally uploaded! So, what to say about it...

The light pastel colors and typography are really well done. I love it when an AMV's composition is strong enough that you can take a screen-cap at nearly any point, and have it be wallpaper-worthy. Boxxed is definitely one of those videos. The silhouette style blends very well with the the typography, also love the constant scanline transitions. 00:50-00:57 is just brilliant. I particularly enjoy how the frame was frozen at 00:57 to draw attention to the work you'd done. So stylish!

You took a lot of risks and were ambitious in your choice of effects. I think they nearly all came out very well! Even the parts where I'm fairly certain you just used the stock anime source (1:55) fit well and were quite well chosen. I find that one good thing of having a limited selection of clips to work with is that it forces you to be quite creative.

Great job Aimo! The final product is impressive and one of my favorites from you! I'd definitely want to see another video in this style from you!

(Also, thanks for getting that song stuck in my head for AGES!!!)
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Next

Return to AMV Announcements