The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Postby Animated » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

ImageImageImageImageImage
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Re: The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Postby lolligerjoj » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 pm

So, this video leaves a really cool impression. While being technically impressive and perfectly lyric-synched it managed to express a really dark and moody feeling. The colors and effects, the scene selection, the composition and sync are really something to watch here. But I can't help but see it as a bit of a (sex) slave of the music, as I missed seeing the already interpreted lyrics of the track, instead of the raw words simply put into picture. This might sound like a serious flaw, but (at least for me) it isn't. It makes understanding and enjoying quite a bit more difficult though, and thus less mainstream: It might be the perfect hipster video :P
Minor flaws include the monochrome-inverted-characters on dark-backgrounds (4th screenshot), which seemed out of place, because that's really the only surreal effect in the whole video, and the display of the lyrics on screen (they give off the intention of making sure the viewer notices this awesome lyric-sync :P). But it probably would be really hard to understand the lyrics at that part, that much I must admit.
Overall this one is quite a enjoyable video. I personally am really puzzled by the fact that this one didn't make it into the finals.
lolligerjoj

Postby Fizziks » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:00 pm

I love your drama videos, and this one is no exception! :up: Your scene selection and use of effects really helped to sell the concept of this video. As always, I look forward to your next video!
Fizziks

Postby Eake4 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 am

you know my <3

1 problem: too many wasted seconds or I couldn't solve everything :?
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby ibabrak » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 am

Another very well done emotional video by you. Good job, Animated
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Animated » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

lolligerjoj wrote:So, this video leaves a really cool impression. While being technically impressive and perfectly lyric-synched it managed to express a really dark and moody feeling. The colors and effects, the scene selection, the composition and sync are really something to watch here. But I can't help but see it as a bit of a (sex) slave of the music, as I missed seeing the already interpreted lyrics of the track, instead of the raw words simply put into picture. This might sound like a serious flaw, but (at least for me) it isn't. It makes understanding and enjoying quite a bit more difficult though, and thus less mainstream: It might be the perfect hipster video :P
Minor flaws include the monochrome-inverted-characters on dark-backgrounds (4th screenshot), which seemed out of place, because that's really the only surreal effect in the whole video, and the display of the lyrics on screen (they give off the intention of making sure the viewer notices this awesome lyric-sync :P). But it probably would be really hard to understand the lyrics at that part, that much I must admit.
Overall this one is quite a enjoyable video. I personally am really puzzled by the fact that this one didn't make it into the finals.

First of all, thank you for your time to leave a comment here, I rarely see you on the .org! :amv: So about the lyrics/scenes connection, yes, this video and most of my other ones is highly based on lyric sync. Where would I be today without it! The term "sex slave" depicts it very accurately... While it's not everyone's cup of tea, I really hope it's the video's biggest advantage. Anyway, I'm putting aside all subjective opinions and I thank you once again for your kind words, I was in some kind of confusion on what overall impression this video gives to the average viewer... Your more professional look on this cleared things straight! :up:

Fizziks wrote:I love your drama videos, and this one is no exception! :up: Your scene selection and use of effects really helped to sell the concept of this video. As always, I look forward to your next video!

And this is the awkward moment when one of your favourite editors praises you on your video... Totally glad you liked it Fizziks! You shoud try Drama too sometime in the future :wink:

Eake4 wrote:you know my <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk#t=00m20s

ibabrak wrote:Another very well done emotional video by you. Good job, Animated

Good to know I still got it! Thanks for your comment ibabrak, I'm happy that you enjoyed this.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby MentalTsui » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:35 pm

I don't know why..but I didn't even have to watch the whole thing and it's already one of my personal favorites. Very amazing indeed. It's such a shame you weren't a finalist though.

MentalTsui

Postby [madaraxD] » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

I really like it, idk how didnt get into the finals but oh well :uhoh: , solid editing as always, good work :up:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby Kisagi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 am

Nice job, I like it! :up: :up:
Kisagi

Postby lloyd9988 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 am

omg so cool! O: Really love the typography in this one because I thought of how big it was at first, I was gonna hate it, but it blended so well and made the amv look amazing! Also, I love your overlays! They look so great!
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby HaydenST » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 am

Cool! When i watched ur video to the Japan Expo, i didn't understand why this one didn't take part to the finals ...... but anyways i like it.
HaydenST

Postby Animated » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:36 am

MentalTsui wrote:I don't know why..but I didn't even have to watch the whole thing and it's already one of my personal favorites. Very amazing indeed. It's such a shame you weren't a finalist though.

No no, your taste in drama videos is amazing :P Very kind of you MentalTsui, thank you!
[madaraxD] wrote:I really like it, idk how didnt get into the finals but oh well :uhoh: , solid editing as always, good work :up:

Glad to know I didn't dissapoint my previous beta testers! Thanks a lot Madara, see you on your next Quickening vid :wink:
Kisagi wrote:Nice job, I like it! :up: :up:

Glad to hear that! :up: :up:
lloyd9988 wrote:omg so cool! O: Really love the typography in this one because I thought of how big it was at first, I was gonna hate it, but it blended so well and made the amv look amazing! Also, I love your overlays! They look so great!

Thank God, you're the first one that praises me for my typography. Thanks for your kind words lloyd, I really appreciate this! :D
HaydenST wrote:Cool! When i watched ur video to the Japan Expo, i didn't understand why this one didn't take part to the finals ...... but anyways i like it.

It's quite an honour to get a response from one of the contest's winners. Thank you Hayden, I believe I'll be seeing you again in the same contest, next year :up:

Also... more than half of the comments I'm getting is about me, deserving to get to the finalists of Japan Expo. What can I say... that was up to the judges, nothing I can do about it. Opinions are subjective... maybe all of the 26 finalists were really better than me.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Centurione » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 am

Well, I bet you know my opinion about the vid very well, so let me just say you did some awesome piece of work again. While there are some minor flaws for me, general editing is very solid and clean. And this is some very intense atmosphere! I'm proud of you <3

and... Yes, you totally should have made it to the finals at least.
Centurione

Postby M'o'l » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 am

I enjoyed watching this, thanks. :bear:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby Chiiisus » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Usually this isn't the kind of video I like, but the mood and atmosphere was really awesome. :up:

Like everyone else, I think this definitely should have been in the finals. I actually liked it a lot more than the videos that came first and second, but that's just me. xD
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Next

Return to AMV Announcements