[Tales of the Abyss] The World Calling

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
HeavensAxe
Org Profile

[Tales of the Abyss] The World Calling

Post by HeavensAxe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:50 am

Hey guys, this is my first amv ever so I hope it is anywhere near decent.
Enjoy! :)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: [Tales of the Abyss] The World Calling

Post by AimoAio » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:55 pm

I checked this out because it was Tales and well.....I'm happy you seem to like my Tales AMV so much, you used parts of it for your own one but uhh...they didn't really fit at all. :uhoh: Also the intro/outro was totally unnecessary and added nothing to your concept because the AMV's scene selection was pretty random for the most part so I couldn't even see what the story was. @__@ The subtitles also didn't match up with the times properly and the background music of the intro could easily be heard over the Sadness & Sorrow song.

As for the actual editing, I found the scenes really random, the pacing extremely slow and a lack of sync. Though for a first AMV, at least you got the quality part down properly (except for the frame blends during the uhhh...parts where you used my Tales AMV) so I'd focus on working on your editing foundations next, namely scene selection and pacing. I don't know what kind of feedback to give for scene selection except to try and find some that match the song's lyrics or the song's atmosphere but for pacing/sync, I noticed your AMV had a lot of long sequences which just kept running on and on. Finding the right frame to cut it, is what's necessary for good pacing/sync. If you're finding it difficult to understand, I'd start with just practicing beat sync. Getting the right idea of what to sync and where to sync will help you a lot in future.

If anything, I wasn't all that great when I first started editing either. Just experiment and watch a lot of other AMVs and you'll get there. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”