[AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby SelfishPromise » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 am

Image





My entry for this year's AKROSS, and my first time joining the contest. I wasn't expecting to finish this in time since I abandoned my old project and started this one 3 weeks before the deadline, but I'm really glad I did it. I was actually editing while watching the show, but I had a lot of fun with this video and I made it to the finals, which is great!


Spoiler :
I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for my beta testers, thanks for not letting me give up ;)
Image
User avatar
SelfishPromise
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Location: Portugal

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby Emong » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 am

It was cool seeing someone else entering with Chihayafuru as well :up:

This one has a really nice cute mood to it. Though the clip selection felt really random. I also liked the fady style although I wasn't such a big fan of the white flashes.
Image Image
User avatar
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Location: The Jade Motel

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby pacotacoshell » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 pm

If I had not watched this anime before watching this, I would definitely be watching it now. :l I didn't really like the song at first, but it eventually grew on me xD It was a really great video that reminded me exactly why I love this anime.
Also this video had such great timing because CHIHAYAFURU SEASON 2 IN 18 HOURS I CAN'T EVEN AHHH
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby SelfishPromise » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Emong wrote:It was cool seeing someone else entering with Chihayafuru as well :up:

This one has a really nice cute mood to it. Though the clip selection felt really random. I also liked the fady style although I wasn't such a big fan of the white flashes.


Yeah, Chihayafuru is amazing :) And I kind of regret not started watching it sooner, it would have probably given me more time to work on that clip selection. I admit that some of those choices were quite random.

Thank you!

pacotacoshell wrote:If I had not watched this anime before watching this, I would definitely be watching it now. :l I didn't really like the song at first, but it eventually grew on me xD It was a really great video that reminded me exactly why I love this anime.
Also this video had such great timing because CHIHAYAFURU SEASON 2 IN 18 HOURS I CAN'T EVEN AHHH


Thanks a lot, Paco! :D
LOL, I was just praying there would be a new season while I made this, BUT I HAD NO IDEA AND NOW I CAN'T WAIT.
Image
User avatar
SelfishPromise
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Location: Portugal

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm

My friend, nice surprise to find it here already. I met you during the POE2, and although you were showing a nice progress, this one was probably an unexpected surprise. Although I'm still waiting for that clip that I could say: Real Level Up, I guess that time is not so far away :up:

During the 3rd view, I started to find it repetitive due the effects used. But I still find it pleasant. Asides with Emong clip, the representation of the Chihayafuru AMVs :up:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby Taite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 am

I thought the amv was quite redundant. It seems like it was this constant mesh of random scenes at an ok set of pace and transitions. However, I continued to watch because I love this song and Chihayafuru. It's cute, and it's not as bad as a lot of others, but I don't see any kind of coherency at all, except for 2:38 onward, because it really focuses on Arata.
I'm kind of confused as to why it got into the finals at Akross honestly, but it's not only your video trust me. Nonetheless congrats, I know there were videos muchhh worse than yours, and at least yours is well edited, and as someone that's seen the anime I can appreciate the emotion behind the scenes, as well as more atypical and non-used scenes that cover the entire series. But I can't get over how random it is, and its cookie-cutter cuts and transitions (not literally.)
Not bad though, sorry my comment seems so harsh. I can definitely see you improving much more though. I've been subscribed to your youtube channel for some time, and you have the potential to do much better. Seems other people really like it though, so keep up the work. :up:
Image Image
User avatar
Taite
 
Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby SelfishPromise » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:04 am

TritioAFB wrote:My friend, nice surprise to find it here already. I met you during the POE2, and although you were showing a nice progress, this one was probably an unexpected surprise. Although I'm still waiting for that clip that I could say: Real Level Up, I guess that time is not so far away :up:

During the 3rd view, I started to find it repetitive due the effects used. But I still find it pleasant. Asides with Emong clip, the representation of the Chihayafuru AMVs :up:


Thank you! I think that POE was the main reason why I finished this in time, actually ;p "I edited a bunch of fulls in a week, I can do this in 3!"
And I hope not to make you wait for too long :)

Taite wrote:I thought the amv was quite redundant. It seems like it was this constant mesh of random scenes at an ok set of pace and transitions. However, I continued to watch because I love this song and Chihayafuru. It's cute, and it's not as bad as a lot of others, but I don't see any kind of coherency at all, except for 2:38 onward, because it really focuses on Arata.
I'm kind of confused as to why it got into the finals at Akross honestly, but it's not only your video trust me. Nonetheless congrats, I know there were videos muchhh worse than yours, and at least yours is well edited, and as someone that's seen the anime I can appreciate the emotion behind the scenes, as well as more atypical and non-used scenes that cover the entire series. But I can't get over how random it is, and its cookie-cutter cuts and transitions (not literally.)
Not bad though, sorry my comment seems so harsh. I can definitely see you improving much more though. I've been subscribed to your youtube channel for some time, and you have the potential to do much better. Seems other people really like it though, so keep up the work. :up:


Unless you were only watching the video just to look at the clips, I don't understand why you think this is a "mesh of random scenes". If you watch it closely, pay attention to the song lyrics, and follow with the scenes you might be able to see a coherency, since that was what I was aiming for. Coherent scenes that follow up isn't always needed to create a easy-to-follow plot anyway.
And I don't know why I was chosen as a finalist but I'm proud that the judges enjoyed it to an extent that gave me the privilege to be part of that group.

Thanks for your comment though.
Image
User avatar
SelfishPromise
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Location: Portugal

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby Taite » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Haha, trust me, I watched the amv "correctly" (several times actually) and I've seen the anime as well. There's a general, vague idea of a flow of scenes, but that's by no means a "plot," not that there needs to be an easily understandable plot anyhow. I'd be glad to give you a full length opinion explaining what I mean by random, but you already admitted that some of the choices were random so I don't see why you're confused. 1:07-1:41, following meeting with Arata, Chihaya and Taichi are practicing karuta, in a general sense. And then you have random scenes of Chihaya with the blossoms, and then a scene of Kanada at the end? More random flashbacks/scenes in between. In general, each segment is like this. I kind of see a timeline within it, but it's hard to tell with all of these sudden flashbacks and scenes from earlier episodes when it appears the amv has moved past those. On the whole, just looking at it, it appears really random. It took me two/three times watching the amv to get any general sense of a timeline, which is why in the end I didn't like it as much. I don't want to try as hard to understand an amv, that's your job as an editor.

Anyways, no need to focus on only the negatives of my comment, though I know you'd like to defend your point as well, that's understandable. But it's only my opinion anyhow. If other people like it, then so be it. My comment is insignificant and you can just move on.

/commentsretracted
edit3: i'm sure she'll be glad to get a two word compliment from you and then a bunch of spam comments. much more rude than any negative comment i could give. grow up and talk to me privately if you have something to lash out rather than approaching me on a public forum. grow up.
4/jesus christ stop spamming her video!!!
Last edited by Taite on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image
User avatar
Taite
 
Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby xDreww » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am

I thought Taite was done with the AMV community?

Anywho great video, I liked it loads. Wish it was a lot less card hitting though and maybe more other scenes, but overall I really enjoy it. Keep it up.
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby xDreww » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 am

Taite wrote:edit: lol cute vvvvvvvvvvvvv bitter boy.


How so? :bear:
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby xDreww » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:29 am

Taite wrote:maybe you ought to stop spamming her video and being a sourpuss online :awesome:


Um..I'm not spamming her video. xDD Your the one who wants to go at with me when I did a simple compliment and not a whole essay like you. So okay. lol
I'm not grouchy. :awesome:
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:42 am

Umm... I liked the AMV :P Transitions were a bit abrupt at times and other times there were scenes that weren't necessary buttt..... I liked it as a good edited AMV. Probably lacked a bit of flow but I kinda enjoyed it :3

xDreww wrote:
Taite wrote:maybe you ought to stop spamming her video and being a sourpuss online :awesome:


Um..I'm not spamming her video. xDD Your the one who wants to go at with me when I did a simple compliment and not a whole essay like you. So okay. lol
I'm not grouchy. :awesome:


Bitches just jealous :awesome:
~Yo~
User avatar
lloyd9988
 
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby Mkid » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 am

I really enjoyed this video it twas <3

lloyd9988 wrote:
xDreww wrote:
Taite wrote:maybe you ought to stop spamming her video and being a sourpuss online :awesome:


Um..I'm not spamming her video. xDD Your the one who wants to go at with me when I did a simple compliment and not a whole essay like you. So okay. lol
I'm not grouchy. :awesome:


Bitches just jealous cause he can't reply on his own thread about the comment she left him so he's gotta comment on another thread instead :awesome:


hey guys its Gay Mkid! why are we fighting on this lovely videos thread. were a happy family here SO GET ALONG. Drew if that is the case than you message taite in private and talk to her PRIVATELY. Alex STOP BEING SO RATCHET. Brad youre mad thirsty lets stop.

LOVELY VIDEO BTW <3 :ying: :awesome:
Image
User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Location: A Farm in New York
Status: No more mutants.

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:54 am

Mkid wrote:Brad youre mad thirsty.


Spoiler :
Image
~Yo~
User avatar
lloyd9988
 
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Sooner than Later

Postby Kimberly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 am

Nice video =) Though, IMO, the video was too fast for the song. I wasn't as interested halfway through, but good job still. This anime looks interesting! And I hear the second season just started, so I might give this show a shot.


Oh, drama, I love it. Thanks Drew, for keepin' it real. But I'll just stop here, with respect for the OP.
ImageImage
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Next

Return to AMV Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests