Crescendo [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] TLPSL&S3WE

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Crescendo [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] TLPSL&S3WE

Postby Centurione » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Team 'Probe launched into Polish Preist who gets young children to lick whipped cream off his knee (formerly The Little Polish Sexy Lady and Some 3 Weird Edwards)' presents you 'Crescendo', a video for the 3rd Round of Project Editor : Tag Team Trials.

Theme Challenge: Education is always an important thing in life, and anime has plenty of lessons to provide us with. From the gallons of blood theory to the amazing physics that we are provided with, there is plenty to learn from the world of anime! What can you and your team teach us? Each team must create an AMV that teaches us something. What you wish to teach us? Well, this is completely up to you and how you present your material! The team that best does a job of teaching us something (alongside the other judging criteria) shall move on to the final round of the tournament!

We've decided to make a sentimental video of what anime taught us and to present those 'plenty of lessons it has to provide us with'. Each one of us got a seperate part to make:

1. Love (Centurione)
2. Challenges (Animated)
3. Dreams (FarmXD)

As most of you know, our 4th member, Kevmaster, decided to leave AMV community due to personal reasons. But as you see, 3 of us ended up making a 4:30-minute long video, which is way longer than both previous ones!

We wish to have spent more time on this. Unfortunately, though, each of us was kind of busy for the last 2 weeks. Thanks to Animated who finally gathered us, after a week of doing absolutely nothing, we managed to finish the video.

Now let's wait for the results to see if we managed to get to the final round!
Enjoy!
Centurione

Re: Crescendo [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] TLPSL&S3WE

Postby FarmXD » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 pm

I suffered with this xD...I don't think my part it's the best thing I edited, but it was nice...yeah, nice
expierence. I love the final result :)
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby Kisagi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 am

nice job you guys^^
Kisagi

Postby MagicDarkLight » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 am

Hi!
Not bad, nice concept though I didn't really like the typo showing at each moment. I think you managed well to link each track with this concept, I wouldn't have thought it would come out so well together if I've had seen the tracks separately, so good job for this. Technically it was enjoyable except maybe some flaws in the last one and I find it a little weird to see a main character and anime all of a sudden (and moreover a lot of ef and eden* so it wasn't that interesting) but yeah.

Good job and good luck in the contest ;)
MagicDarkLight

Postby Shiver » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 pm

copy/past from yt:
beautiful in all the aspetcs... awesome job guys :up:
Shiver
Higurashiver

Postby Aresshiachan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 pm

I really love video that transmit feelings, regardless of the tech used or other stuff that are secondary sometimes. I really enjoyed this :)
Aresshiachan

Postby NS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Straight up, this is some seeeeexxy shasta. :up:
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Domius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm

i don't like how the video is realized in his structure, i mean i liked the second part, the first it is quite good and i don't appreciated the last part.
As for the third track i don't understand the theme of the FarmXD 's part, i had to read the description.

I don't like the cuts of the songs, because i think that the tracks are in contrast: when one track ends the next track begins but the songs, the anime and the themes of the tracks are too different(for instance Centurione used romantic anime, Animated used dark and action anime and in this way there is a strange constrast).

Anyway, why title is called "Crescendo"?
i'm italian and "crescendo" is an italian word, i'm very curious to know the reason O:
Domius

Postby Animated » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Domius wrote:Why title is called "Crescendo"?

Crescendo (figuratively): A gradual increase of anything, especially to a dramatic climax. It's what happens with our video, starts from a slow part and continues with something more dynamic :amv:

We knew our parts would have a big contrast, and that's what we want to achieve, actually. Lessons anime teach you through happy situations, and lessons anime teach you through desperate and hard ones. While Centurione's part had a general feeling of what anime teaches us as a whole, the next one (mine) was from a more personal aspect, from the narrator's one, talking about his experiences and challenges. And then, Farm is talking about dreams and aspirations.

Finally, the cuts of the songs were intentional, we could have chosen to use just one song but we agreed to show 3 different "stories" (that was easier for us to edit too, I must say). Thank you anyway for your truthful opinion Domius! :D
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Domius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Crescendo (figuratively): A gradual increase of anything, especially to a dramatic climax. It's what happens with our video :amv:

Oh i see, yieah in italian means the same

We knew our parts would have a big contrast, and that's what we want to achieve, actually. Lessons anime teach you through happy situations, and lessons anime teach you through desperate and hard ones. While Centurione's part had a general feeling of what anime teaches us as a whole, the next one (mine) was from a more personal aspect, from the narrator's one, talking about his experiences and challenges. And then, Farm is talking about dreams and aspirations.

Understood!

Thank you anyway for your truthful opinion Domius!

Np :shark:
Domius

Postby FarmXD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Farm part it's very bad done, because Farm waited for the last hours to do it
because he was sick :|
FarmXD

Postby MystykAMV » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 am

very very nice editing, however....
I think that the first part was mainly just "pretty scenes" with text, and if the text wasn't there, I might not have understood it, the second part teaches us more in my opinion, because of the drugs and such, but I don't remember it showing the result of using drugs? (even though I just watched it lol) well the third part isn't so educational either (just like the first one) but at least it wasn't just pretty scenes :P and I think the third part was fine for editing *pats Farm* overall the editing was really really good, but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3
MystykAMV

Postby FarmXD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:06 am

MystykAMV wrote:but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3

Agreed :up:
Thank you!
FarmXD

Postby AimoAio » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am

MystykAMV wrote:overall the editing was really really good, but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3

x2. I did like the text though, but I felt like there was too much text. Especially in the first part, where it goes by quickly because I was trying to focus on both the scene and the text at the same time, and failed miserably in a few sections. I was also partial with your scene selection. At times I felt like you nailed it, and other times I felt the scene didn't quite match the mood/feel of the text. My suggestion would have been to keep it more abstract and only choosing a few prominent scenes to overlay with text and try to strengthen the text's theme with more scenes. (Eg. "to laugh" + more laughing scenes instead of just one and then moving to "to believe" and skipping the not so strong themes.)

I liked the contrast of the second track and how it shows us that not everything in anime is all smiles and pretty rainbows. Because this is also true for life. Again I do like the text addition but they're delivered in huge blocks and some of it isn't very clear/goes by too quickly for me to comprehend how you're trying to link it with the video. (Like at 1:48 the blurring was too long)

And the last track, my favourite track. What I got from the video was that the boy is a manga artist who has some sort of illness. Due to this illness he's losing hope in life and his imagination is gradually decreasing. But what saves him is his dream of being an artist because an artist is someone who puts their imagination to paper. And you conveyed dreams as being very beautiful and vivid (by using eden & ef since they're well known "pretty" scenes) because dreams can be a form of imagination and imagination is limitless and it's the dream that gives him power to keep going.

At least that's what I think. :sweat: But you know, I could be wrong. The editing was done pretty well and I liked the way you integrated the pretty scenes with Bakuman. :)

Anyway I really enjoyed the video as a whole. It felt very new and refreshing. Good work you three! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby FarmXD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am

AimoAio wrote:
And the last track, my favourite track. What I got from the video was that the boy is a manga artist who has some sort of illness. Due to this illness he's losing hope in life and his imagination is gradually decreasing. But what saves him is his dream of being an artist because an artist is someone who puts their imagination to paper. And you conveyed dreams as being very beautiful and vivid (by using eden & ef since they're well known "pretty" scenes) because dreams can be a form of imagination and imagination is limitless and it's the dream that gives him power to keep going.

You really really got it all o:!
I'm glad :D thank you for that.
I'm sad because it could be better but for time issues I edited very quick and
the result wasn't the best :uhoh:
FarmXD

Return to AMV Announcements