[Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

Postby AimoAio » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 am

Made this for Japan Expo's AMV contest and got 14th place in the final rankings so I'm pretty happy. :mrgreen: I saw this series a few weeks earlier and really loved it but it made me sad to see only 17 videos in the catalogue that included this source (4 videos if you exclude multianime and MEPs) so I decided to go ahead and make my own.

It's been so long since I edited a sentimental video I almost forgot how to edit one. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy it and maybe check out the source if you like it. Manga or anime, either way is good. The setting and plot of this is one of the most unique I've seen. :)
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Re: [Japan Expo 2012] Resonate

Postby ibabrak » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 am

As I've already said on youtube
This is amazing, May
It's editted without any really visible effects. It all feels so natural.
By far the most beautiful amv with Tegami Bachi I've seen so far.

Congrats on your 14th place, you deserve it if not better :up: :awesome:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby irriadin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 am

I'll follow ibabrak's lead and copy my YT comment ;)

Lovely mood and serene pacing. The effects used complement the atmosphere wonderfully. Things like the mask transition at 1:04 really sell the sense of isolation or loss that you're trying to convey. Overall, great job!

:up:
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby [madaraxD] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:13 pm

You know May..i love it <3 , as i told you maybe at sometimes is a little ¨fast¨ (you know what i mean xD..upbeat editors :awesome: ) but i really can feel the sentiments of the characters,and that's the most important. Nice job! :up:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby Niwa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Congratulation Pan--- I mean Secretary :'D I haven't seen much of this show being used in videos ever since it released D: I haven't seen the show myself, but I got interested after seeing this, fitting atmosphere and theme, I'm still uncertain about the 3D windows being a vital part of the plot, it could've been done without them, but they're a nice addition at some parts of the video.

Good job :up: *goes back finishing that poster* D:
Niwa
Cake Addiction

Postby Chiiisus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm

;____; Still dislike the 3D Style parts, but i really love the video as a whole. <3 Great job Pancake. *o*
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Postby -Kyros- » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I loved it :D
I think you would have deserved a little more at JE (but this is only my opinion) I was very impressed by the sad atmosphere , it was you very good at selecting scenes.
The only thing I did not like were the borders to the rest is a very good job :up:
-Kyros-

Postby nihilant01 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

I quote Kyroz.
It made me want to watch the anime, so it's good ;).
nihilant01

Postby [key]Scarlet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 am

-Kyros- wrote:I loved it :D
I think you would have deserved a little more at JE (but this is only my opinion) I was very impressed by the sad atmosphere , it was you very good at selecting scenes.
The only thing I did not like were the borders to the rest is a very good job :up:

This. :up:
Very nice job!
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was

Postby Emong » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 am

argh, you should really keep me better informed about your new amvs :evil:

Buuut... I don't really think this is among your best work. I did like the fact that the pacing kept up with the intensity of the song towards the end but on the other hand the beginning was too dynamic (before the drums kick in). I also didn't really get what you were trying to do with the narrative. It seemed like a random endless collection of clips of some white haired dudes :uhoh:

It was alright :up: but definitely not my favorite of your amvs.
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby MimS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Long and boring, not too bad edited but nothing really outstanding...
Aimo, show me your real potential !
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby MagicDarkLight » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 am

Hey!

I didn't know who did this and it was actually you xD It's more interesting to look it at home than on the giant screen at the convention (because it was dark and yeah, a bit long xD it's not the same mood)
So in the end I liked it, not loved it because I'd join Mims for the idea, I guess it's not the kind of amvs I'd watch over and over again but it's still entertaining.
For the technical aspects, some lip synch/flap bothered me, it didn't look right there, and the idea of the windows could have been better executed imo, they were like flying in the air but yeah it could have been better implemented I think.
But overalls, everything's good so yeah, good job and congratz on your place! :D
MagicDarkLight

Postby ibabrak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm

MagicDarkLight wrote:the idea of the windows could have been better executed imo, they were like flying in the air but yeah it could have been better implemented I think.

In my opinion the were executed flawlessly. For they look exactly like they do in the actual series. Well, I guess most people haven't seen Tegami Bachi.. it's not really known :)
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Like Mims said it was long, and can be boring (it depends of if the viewer saw the anime or not i guess). To me, it was well edited enough to be quite high in the ranking, no particular mistqke, but i think you can do much more better.
Kain-x-spirits

Postby Tearx » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 pm

WAI SO LIL RESPONSES?

Oke, I love this. I really liked your approach/editing style.
I can honestly say this is my fav work by you. It brought out a lot of emotionzz

ummm, story wise.. I donno if i could get it clearly or not but wutever the case a little kid crying is so sad D;
:dino:
Tearx
The Malicious Feline

Next

Return to AMV Announcements