[Your Tales Of] Tales

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[Your Tales Of] Tales

Postby AimoAio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

(Temporary poster until Niwa finishes the final one XD)

Edit: Looks like preview won't be showing up anytime soon so Youtube link here. I've also replaced the indirect with direct links now, if that makes it any easier. XD

I originally made this for the AX AMV contest but I never released it since I had a lot of changes to do which er...took about a month. Oops, well at least it's done now. :3 This is my little tribute to the Tales Of series of games so I hope even if you have never heard of Tales, that you'd give this video a chance and hopefully, just maybe, it'll interest you enough to try out the games. (Cause seriously, they are AWESOME. Especially Vesperia, can't not mention Vesperia. XD)

Also I feel the need to stress this: THIS AMV HAS TALES OF VESPERIA GAME SPOILERS. By spoilers I mean I basically took the whole ending of the game and sliced it up for the bridge. If you plan on playing this game in the future please watch the Gameplay version (available through indirect link) which has the exact same footage minus the spoiler bridge section.

--

Local version is an mkv file, with the subs already muxed. You need to turn them on yourself though since they're off as default.

You can also grab the mp4 version and add the subs yourself. (softsubs file on video page)
Last edited by AimoAio on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Re: [Your Tales Of] Tales

Postby Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 pm

To rephrase youtube:

I'm sorry for making you an obsessed fangirl.... (no, Im not XD) ...But I get such good Tales AMVs! We need more Tales of AMVs! Nice job, I like.
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Creed_FR » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

As a great fan of "Tales of" i loved it, it brings me a lot of good memories playing (almost) all of those fabulous games, but some parts of the editing looked a little bit fuzzy and the following of some of your cuts was sometimes kinda disturbing, but i enjoyed overall (even if i really don't like japaneese music)
Good Job :up: ...but now because of your vid' i can't wait for Xillia :cry:
Creed_FR

Postby kiarrens » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Loved this video. I never played any of the games nor have I seen the shows... but thanks to you I will be watching them all as soon as I can find them. d(^^)b
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha

Postby MagicDarkLight » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Really nice, I liked it, I didn't think you could do such a long video with just those scenes (and without having a cheap editing) so it's a good surprise! I really have to get in this series one day :D Anyways good job!
MagicDarkLight

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 pm

This is a pretty fun vid! At first I wasn't sure about the character cut-ins [Im pretty sure you did these since I think I remember a journal about masking characters xD], but they grew on me. The whole video feels a little less like an AMV and more like a MAD since it doesn't follow the beats exactly but kinda follows the 'feel' of the song [if that makes any sense], but that works just fine for what you were going for. It had a lot of energy and more cutscenes than I really knew this series had!

Also special mention goes to the quality, I know a certain other Tales fan has had a hard time looking for HQ scenes, so props and having the majority of them in such good quality - all things considered, I think the lower quality scenes are pretty forgivable.

Ooh ooh and the song :P

You totally should have called this "I Freaking Love Tales" :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:This is a pretty fun vid! At first I wasn't sure about the character cut-ins [Im pretty sure you did these since I think I remember a journal about masking characters xD], but they grew on me. The whole video feels a little less like an AMV and more like a MAD since it doesn't follow the beats exactly but kinda follows the 'feel' of the song [if that makes any sense], but that works just fine for what you were going for. It had a lot of energy and more cutscenes than I really knew this series had!

Also special mention goes to the quality, I know a certain other Tales fan has had a hard time looking for HQ scenes, so props and having the majority of them in such good quality - all things considered, I think the lower quality scenes are pretty forgivable.

Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
Kazemon15

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P

Then how are you not editing Tales right now?!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Kazemon15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:Actually, I'm the one who providing her with those clips, so my search was long over a while ago. =P

Then how are you not editing Tales right now?!

CUZ YOU PUT ME IN A DIGIMON MOOD! LOOK AT MY ICON! :evil:
Kazemon15

Postby irriadin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

The title cards for each character are amazing; they look really professional and give unity to the whole "mashup ALL da Tales games!" thing. Really like how this turned out :up:
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby MimS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 am

Hopefully your editing was very good 'cause the song really was a pain to me
Anyway : too long imho 'cause actually the whole vid, more than a fangirl video, looks like a PV of all Tales of, could be done by their creators themselves... Well if there wasn't the B&W effect but I'm being picky

There are some scenes when I felt like you damaged video quality, am I wrong?

Still, a good vid and I did dl it 'cause I think you're a good editor becoming each time better :)
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby AimoAio » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:To rephrase youtube:

I'm sorry for making you an obsessed fangirl.... (no, Im not XD) ...But I get such good Tales AMVs! We need more Tales of AMVs! Nice job, I like.

I'm not accepting your apology until you clearly write down and sign a note that says I can play as Yuri in Vesperia if I ever come to the USA to visit you. :P
Creed_FR wrote:As a great fan of "Tales of" i loved it, it brings me a lot of good memories playing (almost) all of those fabulous games, but some parts of the editing looked a little bit fuzzy and the following of some of your cuts was sometimes kinda disturbing, but i enjoyed overall (even if i really don't like japaneese music)
Good Job :up: ...but now because of your vid' i can't wait for Xillia :cry:

I know! I hope the "special news" they have for July is related to Xillia. ;__; And yeah, I wasn't sure how to really edit with openings since the motions were so fluid, I didn't know how to cut them without it looking awkward. :amv: Always nice to see more Tales fans around though. :ying:
kiarrens wrote:Loved this video. I never played any of the games nor have I seen the shows... but thanks to you I will be watching them all as soon as I can find them. d(^^)b

YES! PLEASE DO! This awesomeness must be shared to everyone! :mrgreen:
MagicDarkLight wrote:Really nice, I liked it, I didn't think you could do such a long video with just those scenes (and without having a cheap editing) so it's a good surprise! I really have to get in this series one day :D Anyways good job!

You won't regret getting the series, trust me. I'm happy you gave this video a chance and got interested in the series, it really means a lot to me when people get interested in a series because of my little AMV. :cry:
Hagaren Viper wrote:This is a pretty fun vid! At first I wasn't sure about the character cut-ins [Im pretty sure you did these since I think I remember a journal about masking characters xD], but they grew on me. The whole video feels a little less like an AMV and more like a MAD since it doesn't follow the beats exactly but kinda follows the 'feel' of the song [if that makes any sense], but that works just fine for what you were going for. It had a lot of energy and more cutscenes than I really knew this series had!

Haha I was ranting because I had Judith, Raven and Repede all cut out before I realized there wasn't enough time in the song to add them so I was like :x /RAGE. And yeah I was worried too about the lack of beatsync because of the upbeat song but I wanted to focus more on the energy and feel so I went for internal sync mostly.

Also LOL@your argument-I mean convo. Kaze provided almost all of the openings used in this xD I just ran a lot of cleaning filters on them in avisynth before upscaling so that might have helped improved visual quality a little more. :awesome:

I had a feeling you'd mention the song since it's from Yugioh. :P
irriadin wrote:The title cards for each character are amazing; they look really professional and give unity to the whole "mashup ALL da Tales games!" thing. Really like how this turned out :up:

Haha I'm happy to hear that since those cards took me ages to look right! :rofl: Thanks Ryan!
MimS wrote:Hopefully your editing was very good 'cause the song really was a pain to me
Anyway : too long imho 'cause actually the whole vid, more than a fangirl video, looks like a PV of all Tales of, could be done by their creators themselves... Well if there wasn't the B&W effect but I'm being picky

There are some scenes when I felt like you damaged video quality, am I wrong?

Still, a good vid and I did dl it 'cause I think you're a good editor becoming each time better :)

Being picky is good xD I try to edit outside my comfort zone for each video to help myself improve and get better with a wide variety of styles but because I'm not very good at it, I need people to tell me where I'm doing things wrong. xD I don't know about damaging video quality because most of the originals weren't exactly perfect (cause I also upscaled to fit the newer ones) to begin with so I ran a lot of cleaning filters on them so that probably damaged the newer ones which didn't need as much cleaning. :amv: Especially since I sacrificed a lot of detail in the newer ones for sharper lines, getting rid of aliasing and most of the noise.

But thanks for the nice compliment. :P I hope my next video will be better than this so it continues to meets your expectations! :P
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Emong » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 pm

OMG AIMO YOU SO AWESOME!

/watches the amv later when he has time.
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby ibabrak » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Great job May. My friend who loves Tales series loved it as well. He linked it on his facebook with the words "libově udělané video :-D" meaning "Awesomely done video :-D"
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby OropherZero » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:06 am

does this have Tales of Graces F spoilers? I'm really slow getting through it >_>
OropherZero

Next

Return to AMV Announcements