Gaga For Bishies(Yaoi-con 2011/ALA 2012 Best Comedy/in Show)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Gaga For Bishies(Yaoi-con 2011/ALA 2012 Best Comedy/in Show)

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Many thanks to Pink Haze for awesome banner. XD

So like...back in 2010 when AX was coming up, my friend thought of a comedy AMV idea. At the time, I thought it was absolutely hilarious: An AMV making fun of all the yaoi fangirls (and some fanboys) for Anime's "questionable" antagonists and protagonists. It was then, we started by looking at the list here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/Anime

And Here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FoeYay/Anime

After months and months of renting off Netflix and even buying some of these anime...we finally finished it. Just so you know 95% of the "couples" in this AMV are all fan made pairings. We used a total of 33 anime!

The AMV itself we believe is very self-explanatory. Those who know Anime Internet Memos well should get the jokes that sneak in here. We tried our best to make it funny, but every con we sent it to, it got rejected, even Anime Expo. (We also made this AMV BEFORE we saw Death Romance, so don't go pointing fingers saying we "copied" it.) Ironically, the group of audience we thought would be offended the most from this AMV....liked it the best. It won best Comedy and Best in Show at Yaoi-con. Glad you liked it, girls! I never would have guessed...but I guess..if you can't laugh about yourself, you can't laugh about anything else huh?

Since we tried to make fun of almost everything on the internet and previous winning videos from AX, we also made fun of these three AMVs by sneaking in a little "cameo" appearance from them:

Does L Creep You Out (2007 AX Comedy Winner):

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=142624

Harassment of Kyon (2008 AX Comedy Winner):

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=158967

Common Accident (2010 AX Creator's Favorite):

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=177192

We tried our best to make it funny...and whether we succeeded or not is up to you. Hope you enjoy.

Also PS, I am NOT a yaoi fangirl and to create such a video was a little embarrassing, hench why I waited so long to upload it. :oops:

Participation:
Yaoi-Con 2011 - Best Comedy/Best in Show
Anime LA 2012 - Best Comedy/Best in Show

Pocho_Love
Org Profile

Re: Gaga For Bishies(Yaoi-con 2011/ALA 2012 Best Comedy/in S

Post by Pocho_Love » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Watched it a while ago, and LOVED IT. Everything in the video is SO true. Even though I am a yaoi fangirl, this was just HILARIOUS and made me cry tears of joy and squeal at the same time. :ying:
One of the best (NON) yaoi videos I have ever watched. Also the concept was just <3.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

So THIS is that mysterious amv pink haze told me about. I see I see. Nice banner :D

It was a pretty fun video too. The texts went by so fast it was hard to read them but I liked the idea. I'm not really a yaoi fan so I guess I didn't get all the context but it was pretty hilarious anyway :P

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 pm

best banner i have ever seen :awesome:, fun stuff :up:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I laughed. A lot. Good job! :up:

That banner is also hysterical.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Fangirls will conquer the world! :D Good job ^^

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:12 pm

As a fanboy, I'm not sure if I'm offended by this stereotype or impressed?

Let's go with impressed. :3

Haha, anyway it was a really cute concept that we don't see much of. It's kind of like breaking the fourth wall a little here, and I loved that. Pretty solid execution, nice cuts and cute additions here and there.

The font is in dire need of work. I'm pretty sure that's just a default template in premier pro. ;___;

Quality wise, it was ok. Nasty dot crawl on DNAngel and a few other older sources were suffering from being stretched out.

The thing at the four minute mark with the titles/dates were really out of place and kind of took away from that particular section.

Also, I'm now reminded of several anime that I want to re-watch now. I'm also prone to want to pickup my Star Driver AMV again as a spiritual successor to this one. XD

Overall, nice presentation and a good concept. I loved it, and it's sticking with me.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm

I enjoyed it a lot. How wonderfully literal you can be :D

And the banner is awesome too!

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Yaoi. . . Fook Yus!!! :O

Agreeing with Code on most of his points. Yet, the whole AMV felt like it was a sequel from Death Romance. Not a bad thing, but, as I was watching the video, I was just comparing it to Death Romance the whole time. Some scenes are hit and miss, IMO, but still a decent presentation. :D

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:23 pm

IT IS ON THE ORG, YESSSS!
Oh I missed this, Kaze. XD Awesome, AWESOME work!~

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”