Decompression/Debilitation

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Decompression/Debilitation

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 am

Video: Decompression/Debilitation (Preview)
Category: Action, Character Profile, Serious
Anime: Naruto (spoilers)
Song: Decompression/Debilitation
Artist: The Impossibles
Creator: DustyAstroidRain

My second ever video and my first one ever using Vegas Pro 11. Basically a summation of Naruto's feelings at the end of the series and the changes he experienced as a person throughout it. I thought it came out better than my other one from 6 months ago but the reviews as of yet were actually not as high so any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated :) I might be entering this one in the AKon Dallas competition if only for a chance to get it seen on the big screen lol. There's a black flash at one shot, I had a problem rendering the video into .avi format from Vegas and no matter how many times I did there was always a black flash at some random point in the video and this was the only version that didn't completely kill the timing of the video so I chose this one.

Enjoy! <3
Once I tried to close my eyes.... I thought you disappeared.

BakaViking
Org Profile

Re: Decompression/Debilitation

Post by BakaViking » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah i've experienced those black flashes too. I did *something* to get rid of them, but can't remember what... :?
AMV: I think the main issue is taht the scenes are too long and they need to be synced a bit more. There are both obvious "taps" (WTH do you call those? I don't know music words!) and changes of atmosphere end tempo in the music that could be matched better. As far as scene selections goes: no idea. I don't watch Naruto. :P

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:08 pm

If you ever remember what you did for them, let me know!! lol I've been searching through the forums without any luck. And thanks for the advice :) I'll try to incorporate better timing and shorter scenes in my next video! <3
Once I tried to close my eyes.... I thought you disappeared.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 am

I think it could have used more beat sync or internal sync elements to help carry the flow of the story. Some of the scenes linger too long and speeding up the pace would have helped a little too. So pretty much ditto to what BakaViking said. :P But it had its moments so keep at it. :up:

As for the black flashes, what video format are you rendering for the .avi? Lagarith, UTVideo, uncompressed, xvid, etc?

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 am

It wasn't bad. I'd say the same as BakaViking and Shin- scenes were too long to keep the video flow. But I hope you'll do better in your next videos ;).

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 pm

DustyAstroidRain wrote:Video: Decompression/Debilitation (Preview)
Category: Action, Character Profile, Serious
Anime: Naruto (spoilers)
Song: Decompression/Debilitation
Artist: The Impossibles
Creator: DustyAstroidRain

My second ever video and my first one ever using Vegas Pro 11. Basically a summation of Naruto's feelings at the end of the series and the changes he experienced as a person throughout it. I thought it came out better than my other one from 6 months ago but the reviews as of yet were actually not as high so any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated :) I might be entering this one in the AKon Dallas competition if only for a chance to get it seen on the big screen lol. There's a black flash at one shot, I had a problem rendering the video into .avi format from Vegas and no matter how many times I did there was always a black flash at some random point in the video and this was the only version that didn't completely kill the timing of the video so I chose this one.

Enjoy! <3
The black flashes and glitches use to happen to me to. I use a combination of UTvideo and Lagarith Codec AVIs for editing and rendering now and the problem seems to not happen to me anymore. Using lossless and high quality footage can help reduce glitches. I'm not 100% tho I use Vegas 9 pro.

Creating a subclip of the video clip can also save you from glitches in the editing process. I just make a subclip of the clip that is glitching and it's usually ok when I put it back in :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”