Adustum

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Adustum

Post by Tearx » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:28 am

Well, I was waiting to finish my other video to release this with it. However, laziness has overcome me and I probably won't finish the other video soon so here you go :O

Centurione
Org Profile

Re: Adustum

Post by Centurione » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 am

That was nice.
The plot was clearly shown and overall it was quite touching. But I find some parts too rushed (like 0:10-0:13) and cuts sometimes followed the music too much for me.
But despite those, I enjoyed watching this video :)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 am

AHHHH. Loved it!

The opening needed a little work with the black fades, and some of the sync was really quick and we didn't have to take in the scenery.

Conceptual wise, though, this was fabulous. To me, that trumps a lot of what I just mentioned. I loved how you hit both sides of the story (the girl's and the guys), and I love how you attempted a lot of different editing to keep it interesting.

I highly recommend to Clannad fans, and I think others might get a kick out of this too. XD

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Not really my kinda video, but well edited none the less. :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I disagree with Centurione on :10-:13. I do agree that the opening needed a little work though, since it was hard to predict the sync and took a little getting used to (:00 to :26. I feel like some of the cuts didn't hit the right beats, and sometimes it cut to a scene too fast.) There are also little things here and there that I can pick at, but it really doesn't matter.

Honestly though, none of this took away from my enjoyment of the video. Parts like at :55-1:03 and 1:48-1:53 were very well edited and gave me chills. The story was clear, and the addition of Tomoya's little side story at 1:29 added further depth, making it more interesting. I particularly liked the use of hard cuts in both the slower and faster parts of the song as well.

Best character profile of Kotomi I've ever seen, and one of two very good Clannad amvs that I have seen in the last 6 months or so.
5/5. (:
Image Image

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Taite wrote:
Best character profile of Kotomi I've ever seen, and one of two very good Clannad amvs that I have seen in the last 6 months or so.
5/5. (:

^ That.

It was a really fun watch, though I do agree with the people above me about the intro. But it didn't bother me that much, None the less; Really enjoyable video! Good work!

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 pm

My eyes were glued to this video from the start, well not really but it built up very nicely. The transitions really complimented the video and the I just loved the story in this one. Even though I've never seen Clannad, you gave me a strong idea of what it's about. Good job. :up:

5/5

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 am

This is the first time i watch an amv about kotomi, and I liked, even if i don't like her much in the anime :o
The shiny effect at 12seconds seems a bit cheap, and i didn't like much your kind of fast popping zoom at 40s, it seems very not natural. But otherwise it was good.

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Centurione wrote:That was nice.
The plot was clearly shown and overall it was quite touching. But I find some parts too rushed (like 0:10-0:13) and cuts sometimes followed the music too much for me.
But despite those, I enjoyed watching this video :)
XDD yeah I didn't spend too much time on this video so I definitely know what you mean by rushed >_> (I am lazyy) I tend to be a slave for cutting to sync up with the song >< Glad you liked it anyway =D
CodeZTM wrote:AHHHH. Loved it!

The opening needed a little work with the black fades, and some of the sync was really quick and we didn't have to take in the scenery.

Conceptual wise, though, this was fabulous. To me, that trumps a lot of what I just mentioned. I loved how you hit both sides of the story (the girl's and the guys), and I love how you attempted a lot of different editing to keep it interesting.

I highly recommend to Clannad fans, and I think others might get a kick out of this too. XD
yay I'm glad you enjoyed it

PennyRoyalty wrote:Not really my kinda video, but well edited none the less. :up:
-gives you cup of tea-
Taite wrote: Honestly though, none of this took away from my enjoyment of the video. Parts like at :55-1:03 and 1:48-1:53 were very well edited and gave me chills. The story was clear, and the addition of Tomoya's little side story at 1:29 added further depth, making it more interesting. I particularly liked the use of hard cuts in both the slower and faster parts of the song as well.

5/5. (:
chills? :O yays ooga booga (XD ty)
Eion wrote: It was a really fun watch, though I do agree with the people above me about the intro. But it didn't bother me that much, None the less; Really enjoyable video! Good work!
Glad you liked it =D
Ryvannis wrote:My eyes were glued to this video from the start, well not really but it built up very nicely. The transitions really complimented the video and the I just loved the story in this one. Even though I've never seen Clannad, you gave me a strong idea of what it's about. Good job. :up:

5/5
thanks for watching && happy you liked it. Clannad isn't that great in my opinion, BUT Kotomi is awesome.
Kain-x-spirits wrote:This is the first time i watch an amv about kotomi, and I liked, even if i don't like her much in the anime :o
The shiny effect at 12seconds seems a bit cheap, and i didn't like much your kind of fast popping zoom at 40s, it seems very not natural. But otherwise it was good.
My apologies for the cheapness of the shiny o_O
I do agree with you on the zooms being not natural, I'm a slave to beats ;_; but thank you for checking it out!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:35 pm

It took me a second to really get into this video (kinda because I think that it needed a better lead in), but at 0:56, I suddenly realized that this was the perfect song/anime combo and everything after that became incredibly awesome :up: . My main complaint about this video is that some of the scenes and transitions were moving at a much faster pace than the current pace of the song.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”