Fight Myself

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Fight Myself

Postby SomeOtherTroper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 am

Youtube

I tried to tell a somewhat different story than the source anime did, and break from the "play a fast song over long fight scene clips" method that is all too common with action amvs created from this anime.

Youtube

Only 28 seconds long and just for fun. My first time using the AviSynth->VirtualDub->Lagarith pipeline. It really works as well as y'all say it does!

Criticism, advice, and tips are all appreciated.
SomeOtherTroper

Re: Fight Myself

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 am

I checked out Fight Myself, because I am such a closet insane Fate/Stay fan.

On the whole, I like how you captured an interesting take on Archer. Nice job conceptually, which I appreciated endlessly. I love AMVs that show inner struggles.

The only thing that I really didn't like was the fact that you included the scene with Rider attacking Shirou, as well as scenes with Rin. To me, almost the entire AMV was focused on Archer/Shirou, and having these two included killed that focus. I know that the scenes with these two are moderately limited, but I think it could have been pulled off with proper scene selection.

Editing wise, I think it needed a little more polish on hitting the beats and transitioning between the different settings, but still entertaining nonetheless.

Still, I liked it on the whole. :up:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Return to AMV Announcements