Cyborg 009...Narut-err.. Jet's World

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Yorae
Org Profile

Cyborg 009...Narut-err.. Jet's World

Post by Yorae » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:26 pm

But before that, please sign the petition below to get Cyborg 009 on DVD. Bootlegs are terrible to work with :|

http://www.petitiononline.com/C009DVD/petition.html

On to the video

Feedback is welcome!

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: Cyborg 009...Narut-err.. Jet's World

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

For me, this was really surprisingly enjoyable. Good concept and coherency. Some of the effects felt a little weak or unnecessary but wasn't distracting as a whole. The hardest thing to overcome was the silly character design and for me made it difficult to take seriously for a bit, but was able to overcome it. It'd be comparable about making a serious or dramatic AMV focusing around Usopp from One Piece. Anyways, good job. :up:

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Nominating this for "best vid with a gay song" award.

really good stuff. This stuff is usually a huge turnoff to me, probably because the people who usually go for these types of vids usually suck, but this was really enjoyable. First 8th of it was kinda, meh, still decent, it just felt weird with some of the panning/zooming and it didn't represent the rest of the video at all, but other than that small thing this was really good!

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

Shin-AMV wrote:For me, this was really surprisingly enjoyable. Good concept and coherency. Some of the effects felt a little weak or unnecessary but wasn't distracting as a whole. The hardest thing to overcome was the silly character design and for me made it difficult to take seriously for a bit, but was able to overcome it. It'd be comparable about making a serious or dramatic AMV focusing around Usopp from One Piece. Anyways, good job. :up:
Thanks :) Most of the scenes are "made up" since the anime hardly has any "Romance", so its good to know it felt natural. I wanted to make the video a bit MAD-ish, hence the extra effects here and there.

Believe it or not, for an anime with such cartoony designs, the story is pretty serious and has a lot of dark themes. It saddens me how underrated this show is, so I decided to stick with this source for a while and see what videos I can come up with :)
gotegenks wrote:Nominating this for "best vid with a gay song" award.

really good stuff. This stuff is usually a huge turnoff to me, probably because the people who usually go for these types of vids usually suck, but this was really enjoyable. First 8th of it was kinda, meh, still decent, it just felt weird with some of the panning/zooming and it didn't represent the rest of the video at all, but other than that small thing this was really good!
:D I've never been nominated for anything before, so I'll TAKE IT!

You know, the first portion of the video was the very first part I worked on (usually I edit my segments out of order), so by then I did not have a clear feel on where I wanted the vid to go. That might be the reason you felt that disconnection at the beginning. Still, glad you enjoyed it :)

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 am

Considering I don't really like the song and not very interested in the anime, I thought this was really well done. I don't know a thing about the show but I thought you told it's story [Or your interpretation of it, rather?] very well. I really liked the editing near the end where the lyrics switched to Jet's perspective.

My only nitpick was that some of the shots seemed a little...crowded? As if you used a widescreen source and cropped off the sides. I have no idea if this is what happened, just the anime, or masking? Nothing that hurts the vid too much but worth noting.

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:14 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Considering I don't really like the song and not very interested in the anime, I thought this was really well done. I don't know a thing about the show but I thought you told it's story [Or your interpretation of it, rather?] very well. I really liked the editing near the end where the lyrics switched to Jet's perspective.

My only nitpick was that some of the shots seemed a little...crowded? As if you used a widescreen source and cropped off the sides. I have no idea if this is what happened, just the anime, or masking? Nothing that hurts the vid too much but worth noting.
Wow, its impressive you noticed that :D The show is originally widescreen, but the bootlegs I bought cropped off the sides and made it 640x480. Aside from the terrible video quality, the footage detail was lost from both sides.

..That's why we need to convince the powers-to-be to release the series on proper DVD ;)

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am

Yorae, your editor-comback has been the greatest I've vitnessed in a long while. You were great when you went away for a while, and you're even better now when you've come back!

For the video, I actually loved it. Last chourse -> end had chills going down my neck and got the hair on my arms (which I thought would be all gone from the chemo... wtf?) raise.
You caught the song spot on and the way you mixed the "cute" graphical effects into the verses to create a sort of comical side to the video was genius.
Compositing of scenes was really well done and worked wonders for the video.

Whenever you can get your hands on DVD material of the show, please remaster this video!(?) <3
(ps. check your pm's)
ImageImageImage

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 am

It is on DVD from what I can see

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 09&x=0&y=0

Unless those are bootlegs ... But the Uncut set says it come with a booklet, so I doubt they are bootlegs.

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 am

JudgeHolden wrote:It is on DVD from what I can see

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 09&x=0&y=0

Unless those are bootlegs ... But the Uncut set says it come with a booklet, so I doubt they are bootlegs.
Yeah, those are proper, but only for the first eight episodes! (the series has a total of 51 episodes). The rest never saw an English DVD release.
Magnus wrote:Yorae, your editor-comback has been the greatest I've vitnessed in a long while. You were great when you went away for a while, and you're even better now when you've come back!
For the video, I actually loved it. Last chourse -> end had chills going down my neck and got the hair on my arms (which I thought would be all gone from the chemo... wtf?) raise.
You caught the song spot on and the way you mixed the "cute" graphical effects into the verses to create a sort of comical side to the video was genius.
Compositing of scenes was really well done and worked wonders for the video.
Whenever you can get your hands on DVD material of the show, please remaster this video!(?) <3
Thanks, Magnus! I've been playing around with TMNT videos and away from the anime scene in general for some time, but this particular series sparked my interest for some reason, and here I am!

I'm glad the compositing came off ok. A large portion of the video is more or less "made up" scenes, since the series has little to no romance in it. It was a challenge for me to make everything look normal.

And I'm trying to save up for the Japanese DVDs, granted I can track all of them somehow!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 am

Oh gawd. The Nostalgia. XD

Great video, great concept and fantastic execution. This is not a typical romance source, which makes me giddy with excitement. Captured the song and your envisioned world of 009 was a lovely one.

My one and only complaint was at 1:22 with all the circles, which felt completely out of place for me personally.

HIGHLY recommend. :up:

/keeps in VCA nomation folder

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”