Nothing to Lose

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
freakinerd
Org Profile

Nothing to Lose

Post by freakinerd » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Got this song from watching The Expendables (Awesome Movie) trailer, wanted the full song, but had to wait for it. When I got the full song, i wanted to use a different anime rather then Naruto, so I thought of Bleach, I listened to the song for a bit, nothing. Then I remembered One Piece, and thought of the Whitebeard War and it just ended in the manga, and thought that might work. So I waited for the anime version to come out first.

Over a year later, the war was over, I actually waited for the war to be over so I can start. I re-watched the Whitebeard war episodes. I wanted to show the war more then specific fights, meaning I want to show the strengths of both sides. It was difficult because they didn't show that much with the marines and pirates, so mostly halfway, I showed the strengths of both sides and try to add what I can and transitioned in to other peoples fights, mostly shortened. I showed Whitebeard alot because, its the Whitebeard war and the story revolves more around him then Ace and Luffy.

Took me about 4 months to finish on and off, and I love the results.

Enjoy

gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: Nothing to Lose

Post by gotegenks » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

4 months? wow...that's a long time

idk, it was nothing special, even as far as random action videos go, it just looked like you summarized an episode or two (i have no idea how many episodes it was but they all looked the same and in chronological order)

some of it was kinda cool cause the part of the ep matched the song either on accident or you did that, but i know that happens to me a lot when i'm doing series summary-type videos. A lot of it was just boring though, sad to say, too many long parts with no action in it, when you used like nearly stationary clips.

also...the first ten seconds are really misleading. 2/5

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Obviously you don't watch/read One Piece, it wasn't "random action", it was telling the story of the Marineford Arc, its also 31 episodes not 1 or 2. The amv looked in chronological order though for sure, not surprising considering hes retelling the arc in 5minutes.

Also, the first 10 seconds shows the main characters of the arc and who there fighting over...what exactly is misleading?

Any OP fan will probably enjoy it, like i did...if i wasn't an OP fan am not so sure...with these kind of amvs it helps a lot if you know the story, gj from me though :up:

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Post by UpcomingDread » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:22 pm

I liked it :up:

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:05 pm

AceD wrote:Obviously you don't watch/read One Piece, it wasn't "random action", it was telling the story of the Marineford Arc. The amv looked in chronological order though for sure, not surprising considering hes retelling the arc in 5minutes.

Any OP fan will probably enjoy it, like i did...if i wasn't an OP fan am not so sure...with these kind of amvs it helps a lot if you know the story, gj from me though :up:
obviously it failed to tell the story if you have to know the story beforehand to...err, know the story.

and the only reason i mentioned the chronological order bit is because it made the clip choice seem lazy
AceD wrote:Also, the first 10 seconds shows the main characters of the arc and who there fighting over...what exactly is misleading?
it seemed like it was gonna have some effects but right after that it was all raw all the time, not a huge flaw it just kinda upset me a TEENY bit when i watched it over, but it doesn't really matter too much.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”