Anime Boston "Best Drama" - From The Hereafter With Love

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
xDreww2
Org Profile

Re: Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne - From The Hereafter With Lo

Post by xDreww2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

kireblue wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
kireblue wrote:This was a awesome anime and song combination. At first, I was a little skeptical that you could make Rin "con friendly" but you did it marvelously. 5/5 :up:
Yeah, I was a little skeptical myself when I started seriously thinking about making it. By the way, how was this received at Momocon? I don't think you ever wound up telling me.
In terms of crowd reaction, the only AMVs that got a noticeable response form the audience were the comedy videos. This may have been due to the time of the exhibition, so next year, I plan on scheduling it for Saturday evening instead of Sunday afternoon. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to convert the recording of exhibition. And even when I separate the audio from the video, the audio gets completely messed up.
I agree with you there. at cons comedy and upbeat videos tends to get the crowd reactions more. Honest'y in my opinion I didn't agree with some of the contest winners videos that won best. But oh well..at cons it's mostly viewers most vote for their favorite song, and anime. And this is true.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston "Best Drama" - From The Hereafter With Love

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:49 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:I'm bumping this since it just won Best Drama at Anime Boston.
Congrats |:>

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Can I just say that your video inspired me to make a female fan-service heavy vid for AB next year? ;)

It was a great video, definitely very "Bond," but I kept thinking, "OK. It's been at least 30 seconds without cleavage. There's gonna be another boobie shot just... about... now." And, sure enough... XD

Seriously though, wonderful editing and song/anime matchup. Well done, and a reward well deserved!
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Oh ho ho, I like one quite a bit!!!
ImageImage

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 pm

xDreww2 wrote:
kireblue wrote:In terms of crowd reaction, the only AMVs that got a noticeable response form the audience were the comedy videos. This may have been due to the time of the exhibition, so next year, I plan on scheduling it for Saturday evening instead of Sunday afternoon. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to convert the recording of exhibition. And even when I separate the audio from the video, the audio gets completely messed up.
I agree with you there. at cons comedy and upbeat videos tends to get the crowd reactions more. Honest'y in my opinion I didn't agree with some of the contest winners videos that won best. But oh well..at cons it's mostly viewers most vote for their favorite song, and anime. And this is true.
Did you post here just to further gripe over AB? At any rate, I've nothing good to say to you.
Statz wrote:Congrats!
kireblue wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:I'm bumping this since it just won Best Drama at Anime Boston.
Congrats |:>
Thanks guys.
kiarrens wrote:Can I just say that your video inspired me to make a female fan-service heavy vid for AB next year? ;)
Are you being sarcastic over the cleavage or serious?
kiarrens wrote:It was a great video, definitely very "Bond," but I kept thinking, "OK. It's been at least 30 seconds without cleavage. There's gonna be another boobie shot just... about... now." And, sure enough... XD

Seriously though, wonderful editing and song/anime matchup. Well done, and a reward well deserved!
Thank you. Well, about the cleavage; I don't know if you've seen Rin, but given the source, it'd be hard to avoid fan service entirely. More seriously though, I think it wouldn't be very "Bond" if there wasn't some fan service in there and also I can't picture a well-endowed female spy/detective/etc. not using assets to her advantage.
angelx03 wrote:Oh ho ho, I like one quite a bit!!!
Glad you enjoyed it.
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
xDreww2 wrote:
kireblue wrote:In terms of crowd reaction, the only AMVs that got a noticeable response form the audience were the comedy videos. This may have been due to the time of the exhibition, so next year, I plan on scheduling it for Saturday evening instead of Sunday afternoon. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to convert the recording of exhibition. And even when I separate the audio from the video, the audio gets completely messed up.
Did you post here just to further gripe over AB? At any rate, I've nothing good to say to you.
His name is Drew too. :shock:

Battle of the Drews?!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

I actually really enjoyed this one. It made something new/interesting in the drama genre of AMVs, and was extremely enjoyable to watch. The mood was just excellently captured and did a nice job of keeping a good pace. :up:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu May 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
xDreww2 wrote:stuff
His name is Drew too. :shock:

Battle of the Drews?!
Yeah, you could say I drew a line in the sand...
CodeZTM wrote:I actually really enjoyed this one. It made something new/interesting in the drama genre of AMVs, and was extremely enjoyable to watch. The mood was just excellently captured and did a nice job of keeping a good pace. :up:
I was hoping you'd chime in at some point with your thoughts. I was curious to hear of what you thought of the pacing since you had commented on the pacing of Dead New World.
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”