Things you don't like about a-m-v.org

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Whatever you want to believe...

Post by Scintilla » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:46 pm

Elifantboy wrote:Um. Isn't this site a p2p file sharing site?
Um... no, it's strictly client-server. Whenever you download a locally hosted video, you are downloading it FROM THE ORG'S SERVER, not from one of us. Therefore it is not peer-to-peer.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:50 pm

Paperskunk wrote:I don't like the forum. All of you guys have large sticks up your ass's.
I don't like people who generalize.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:10 pm

Paperskunk wrote:I don't like the forum. All of you guys have large sticks up your ass's.

This is the most controlled forum I have ever seen, where posts can't take any deviation from their posted topic for that fate is immediate closure.
Visit GameFAQs some day. That place is a police state in comparison to here.

NowhereToRun
Org Profile

Post by NowhereToRun » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:27 am

inthesto wrote:

This is the most controlled forum I have ever seen, where posts can't take any deviation from their posted topic for that fate is immediate closure.
Visit GameFAQs some day. That place is a police state in comparison to here.
Amen to that.

Anyway, what kind of bothers me is that I couldn't find a good video for one of Evanescence's songs before the legal stuff came, but I guess that couldn't be helped.

Another thing I don't like is the icky color layout for the main page, though I could swear I remember being able to change the colors... I'm gonna go look now.
Not for the faint of heart. Trust me.

mokulen22
Org Profile

Post by mokulen22 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:20 am

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on the forums (but not for any particle reason that I’m going to mention below). Anyways, I like this site--easier than searching on a P2P program for Anime Music Videos—but I do have a few pet peeves that have little to do with the site, its self, and more to do with certain individuals on the forums:

1. It does bug me a bit that many great anime series don’t have many AVMs but that, of course, is not the a-m-v.org’s fault.

2. People who throw around the word “N00b” in a rude and derogatory way. We were all new to AMVs/forums once, ne. :wink:

4. Too much generalization. Generalizing only causes problems and people can find you post offensive. If you’re going to generalizes state so upfront (saves about ten posts of people ranting at you).

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 am

paizuri wrote:
I don't like people who generalize.
People who generalize end up like Hakufu in mah avatar...

:lol:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:18 pm

The too much intollerance that sometimes reign on this site. Some things make me too want to destroy some heads, bu there's so many angst sometimes. :?

The second thing, are when I pm the admins without get any response, even an "I'm busy" would be great but be ignored is something I hate. :? :evil:

For the rest... I love the org, everything. ;O
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:29 pm

mokulen22 wrote:2. People who throw around the word “N00b” in a rude and derogatory way. We were all new to AMVs/forums once, ne. :wink:
It's not possible to use the "noob" in a way that's <i>not</i> rude or derogatory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: noob != newb[ie].

Just because we were all newbs once does not mean we were also all noobs, in fact quite a few of us never were.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 pm

Scintilla wrote:
mokulen22 wrote:2. People who throw around the word “N00b” in a rude and derogatory way. We were all new to AMVs/forums once, ne. :wink:
It's not possible to use the "noob" in a way that's <i>not</i> rude or derogatory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: noob != newb[ie].

Just because we were all newbs once does not mean we were also all noobs, in fact quite a few of us never were.
i know i was...hell i still am. i still ask for help from the guys (and girls) that have been here longer than i have. it is my belief you never stop being a newb. you just get wise enough to ask in a pm about your problems.

Summanaro
Org Profile

Post by Summanaro » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:59 pm

I don't like how the OT boards went down. Now, I'm not saying I hate the lack of them, I'm just saying, the way Phade took care of the spam problem= horrible.
your mom.

Return to “General AMV”