DDR2 BitTorrent

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Atarashii Hito
Org Profile

Post by Atarashii Hito » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:08 pm

Hey,
I downloaded about 25% of the project, but my connection is fairly unstable so my connection dropped and I continued the download just fine. Then my connection dropped again, and now the download window has hung at "Starting Up..." for about a 1/2 hour now. I'm guessing there's no one sharring the file, and then my question is, if there's no one sharring the file, how can someone download it? Maybe I just don't get how BitTorrent works... But when can I expect my download to start again?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:09 pm

Synthangel, you have to FINISH the download before it can be viewed properly ^_^;

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:59 pm

I SURRENDER TO IT...

[me gets BT]

:cry:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:01 pm

32 min left for me..

Been downloading it all day. 8)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:00 am

I've got roughly 01:30:00 left on the download, but since BT is a simultanious upload/download device, it screws my downstream bandwidth and I need it all so Tash can upload the VOBs from the YYH "OVA" set to me. (I know, bad me, but I don't want to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the DVD set)

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:13 am

It was nice to use the BT to grab the file, but what I always hate is that being on my nice fat university pipeline, I found myself uploading at between 80 and 120k/sec while only pulling 20-25k/sec down.....for the whole frelling download. At least with digisubs if I wait 6 hours there's time for it to seed properly and it's not so bad.

Still, it was worth it for Little Bitch.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:28 am

How many seeds are currently available for this torrent stream?

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:05 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Alternatively it could be a side effect of the source footage already being recompressed too many times before making the DVD. My video in particular shows that it's gone through too many transitions, which isn't really anyone's fault in this case.
As the one who made this particular encode, I take full blame for such encoding problems with the video. Though if anyone doesn't particularily like BitTorrent, they can feel free to try grabbing it off of my box at:

http://www.desu.org/vids/DDR%20Project%202%20(XviD).avi

Though I might get annoyed and take it down if it makes this box thrash too much...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:34 am

Works fine for me. If anyone's experiencing jerkiness, just open and play it in virtualdub.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:11 am

Cool that this is working ^_^.

You can view stats here :

http://coolantx.hn.org:6969

iserlohn>> That kinda sucks for you. I believe they're working on adding a cap or something into it.

I did not actually encode the video BogoSport did with Zarxrax's help.

BT allocates all the space needed for the file BEFORE the download actually starts. So if your download cuts out but you see a a large file on your computer, it's not complete. You should click on the torrent link again and save the file in the same location. BT can detect what parts are missing and ger them, or with will verify that the file is infact complete.

If you have the file completed and would like to help share. Click on the torrent link and save it where you have the file stored. BT will examine the file, if it's found to be the correct file it will start sharing it out. Since you aren't missing anyparts you will not be downloading from anybody and your upload will just be used. The button you see will turn to a finished button.

~klinky

Return to “General AMV”