RAD (aka Gigantic Drive) Do you still play it?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Vlad86
Org Profile

RAD (aka Gigantic Drive) Do you still play it?

Post by Vlad86 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:30 pm

Man, I love this game! I've had it for awhile now, but i just got around to actually finishing it. This game is awsome and I wish they would make a sequel, but it seems to not have done well enough to warrant one.
Damn, and there was some talent on it too, like Enix, BONES, and even Gainax.....
So what does everone else think? Awsome game? or not?

My only complaints were the bad camera angles, and the voice actors(but that can be fixed when I get the Japanese version)

Oh well, now I'm just waiting till i can get Evangelion 2 *drool*
The Big O will KILL you!

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:39 am

Damn it people, I know you'e played this game! Come on its ok to come out and admit you played this game.

Has ANYONE actually played this game? or am I alone? :cry:
The Big O will KILL you!

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:57 am

Sorry, I've never even heard of it. :(
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:13 am

Gaikotsu wrote:Sorry, I've never even heard of it. :(
Ok, you need to get this game. It's pretty original (well the control scheme anyway) Robot Alchemic Drive (aka Gigantic Drive in Japan), is a very good game, and if you can find it in Eb or something it shouldn't be more than $20 new. Tis' sad really, its a great game. I blame inadequate advertising and not enough word of mouth.

However, I do warn you that the english version has bad dubbing, but if you can get over that, its an awsome game.
The Big O will KILL you!

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:20 pm

I wanted to get it, but when I asked at one local store, they said they had never stocked it.

One thing that might be of interest to people here, is that the character designs were by <a href="http://www.fansview.com/2003/nandesukan ... >Toshihiro Kawamoto</a>.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

KillDieMurder
Org Profile

Post by KillDieMurder » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:50 pm

I played the demo of it. It was fun and stuff but it's a sleeper hit. I liked that you had to acually manuver your chracter so you could see your robot (still don't understand why they got to fly).
The controls were unique. I can see it taking some time to get used to, or mastering the fighting system.
FF6 AMV | Max Payne 2 Vid | End of eva
If my life were a video game, Pop-Tarts would give me full health.

Nemoxs
Org Profile

Post by Nemoxs » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:56 pm

I got it about a month ago, it's pretty fantastic as giant robot games go :D...

I wish it was online ;)

Vlad86
Org Profile

Re: 4

Post by Vlad86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:47 pm

Nemoxs wrote:I got it about a month ago, it's pretty fantastic as giant robot games go :D...

I wish it was online ;)
That would be all sorts of awsome....

A sequel with more mechs, better graphics, and online play is desperately needed(oh and more maps too)
The Big O will KILL you!

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:14 am

KillDieMurder wrote:I played the demo of it. It was fun and stuff but it's a sleeper hit. I liked that you had to acually manuver your chracter so you could see your robot (still don't understand why they got to fly).
The controls were unique. I can see it taking some time to get used to, or mastering the fighting system.
Oh, that one! (I'm horrible with names). I remember seeing previews for that on TechTV; it made me angry that I have a Gamecube instead of a PS2. I really wanted to play that game.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

Return to “General Off Topic”