[How to upload a video]

Inuyasha666
Org Profile

[How to upload a video]

Post by Inuyasha666 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:38 pm

Ok, I've been trying to enter a video since yesterday. It's in my profile. It's called Z Blood and the anime for it is Dragonball Z and the song/artist is Wait And Bleed by Slipknot. Everytime I try to enter it, even though I hit add and checked off every box I'm suppossed, it says that I either didn't enter the premiere date, which I did, the song/artist, which I did, and the anime, which of course, I DID! :evil: Why is it doing this to me? I've tried again and again like probably 50 times already and yet it's still doing it. Nobody could even help me or bothered to help me except for one person and they didn't help too much, no offense. Is there a problem with one of the selections I'm trying to make where it won't show up? Honestly, not being able to enter this video is pissing me off. :cry: Can you please do something about it? I tried to drop something in the moderator box but I don't even think it got looked at. I also read MoonSlayers guide and that didn't help at all either. Please, help me get this video entered no matter what it takes. I'd really like to get this video uploaded and get it out of the way. I'M BEGGING!!!! :cry: If you need anymore info, here's the link to a previous thread I started and know one could help me. :twisted:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=26356

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:04 pm

Hey,

Ok. I logged in as you and was able to successfully add (and then remove) the anime and song you listed above. The system seems to work just fine.

ADDING MUSIC:

1. Choose the video you wish to add music to by clicking the "EDIT MY VIDEOS" link on the member main page.

2. Click "step 2: MUSIC".

3. Choose the musical artist from the top drop-down list labeled "Artist".

4. After the page refreshes, choose the song by that artist from the drop-down list labeled "Song".

5. Click the button labeled "add".

6. The song should now appear in the section labeled "Music in the Video".

ADDING ANIME:

1. Choose the video you wish to add music to by clicking the "EDIT MY VIDEOS" link on the member main page.

2. Click the "step 3: ANIME" link.

3. Click the first letter of the title of the anime you want to add.

4. To the left of the title of the anime, there are two checkboxes. The right checkbox is for if the anime is in your video. The left checkbox is if the video contains spoilers for that anime. The right checkbox is required to have the anime listed with your video. Click the appropriate checkbox(es).

5. Click the button at the bottom labeled "add".

6. The anime should now be listed in the section labeled "Anime in the Video".

Please let me know which of these instructions failed for you. If all instructions completed successfully, please let me know which one(s) you skipped when you tried to do it earlier (I really want to know so that the system can be improved for future users).

Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Inuyasha-Kagome-Lover
Org Profile

Post by Inuyasha-Kagome-Lover » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:00 am

Hi!
I have the same problem as Inuyasha, but I got past that, I only have problems with adding a link. What should I do? I tried to upload the video on my personal hopepage http://wwwfreewebs.com/anime_manga_info/index.htm and I still can't upload it.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:01 pm

Hey,

In order to put up a link to your video, the link must be correct. The link you provided is incorrect because it goes nowhere. Once the link goes somewhere valid, then the link will be able to be added to the video information.

Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

*blanca*
Org Profile

Post by *blanca* » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:35 am

HI all
I tried to upload my 2th vid, but i can't because this is the message" You have no videos with completed information to upload." I done all steps that you insert in the faq.
So i tried and still tried but nothing:°°°.
Pls help me:) the title of video is Dynamic Scoping...

ps: sorry for my poor english :oops:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:46 am

I know the answer to this one, *blanca*...

You'd entered a new anime to the list, "Blame!" and it hadn't been confirmed as an anime yet.

I've gone and confirmed it now, which allows you to upload. However, I see you've created two entries in confusion. You can delete an entry using the button on your Edit Videos page.

valeyard
Org Profile

Post by valeyard » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:51 am

Toxie_punk wrote:I have a question, Does the anime have to be bold in the list (confirmed anime) in order to upload it to the org? I wanna upload my Apocalypse video but on the upload page when it lists the videos I have it doesn't show it (the vid) as a possability. Suggestions???
You may be having the same problem I did. The reason I couldn't upload at first is because it was directing me to the page that assumes you have already uploaded the video instead of the page that gives you FTP instructions.

Cancel and try again. It took me a couple tries before I got directed to the right page, but it finally did.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:38 pm

kawaii_baka_neko wrote:It doesn't do anything, keeps bouncing back when I try to confim the vid.
Bouncing back to where?

Did you actually upload the video? The confirm video page is the one you get after you upload, so if you didn't upload the video - cancel and try again. If you did upload it, check the box and hit 'confirm video' - but do a test download first to make sure the entire video was uploaded properly.

If you got an error so it wouldn't let you upload the video, then you didn't fill in all the required information (anime, song, artist, premiere date in the past, title). Look over the vid description and see which bit of information is being left out - one of the first 4 probably.

If you put in all the information and went to the 'upload video' link - and then selected the vid so you could upload it - did it give you information on how to upload that vid? It should give you a user name, password, etc for you to plug into your ftp client. If you got that far, then all that's left is to get an ftp client and upload the video - then confirm it when it's done.

skydra21
Org Profile

hey know

Post by skydra21 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:16 pm

i uploaded an amv but it says it is not for download so how do i make it for download?
skydra21

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: hey know

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:22 pm

skydra21 wrote:i uploaded an amv but it says it is not for download so how do i make it for download?
Did you confirm the upload? After you upload the video (with your ftp client, using the info the site gave you), you go to 'upload video' again and it will ask you to confirm the upload. If the file is there (you might want to test the download link it gives), then check the box and hit the 'confirm upload' button.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”