Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:40 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Might be a good idea.... The chances of getting anythign are very small, but it only takes one person to complain...
Vlad
so we have seen just this week

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:46 pm

yuppa wrote:ok^^ i think you guys should know.. That MEGATOKYO is talking about this. and are basically saying stuff that the companies are right. I dont agree with it personally. its just basically "fan made" tributes to th esongs and the anime they love. Ah well.. phade ya could just change the name of the site, everytime a sumons comes up so its wrong every time. eventually changing its name will wear on their nerves and say screw it.

Oh heres the link of the topic here....

http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?s ... try4015579
OK, I just added some comments there. My name is mimage.

Cloud Clone
Location: Lost in a river of bleeding tears where no one will ever find me...just kidding, I'm not a homo.
Org Profile

Post by Cloud Clone » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:07 pm

This could be good news. Perhaps if AMV makers can't use licensed music, they'll be forced to use music that's actually worth listening. Or in another case, they'll just use more crappy music that no one's heard before. Either way sounds like a good change to me.
You're lucky... I've decided to let you live to see the day when I will rule the world.
-Prince of Spam

Nestor
Org Profile

Post by Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:11 pm

x_rex30 wrote: OK, I just added some comments there. My name is mimage.
And yet, your post
I bet when you compare the people on the a-m-v.org to the people here, the org has the biggest purchasers of music and anime. AMVs give a lot of people more of a need to buy anime and music.. The amount of anime I have got and music has doubled because of AMVs. You can say wether it's wrong or right in your opinion about making AMVs or supporting them.. but a case fact is that it is a great form of advertisement.. I got a great amount of people into anime because of AMVs.. You don't need to like 'em, or agree with what we're doing.. but I don't think your opinion is really going to effect the people that already enjoy them and see them as a great form of advertisment.. Tell me it's not, Just TELL ME IT'S NOT.
holds no real relevance in a discussion on who, really, has a legal say-so in the matter. In terms of legality, it's the ones who hold the copyrights who dictate terms. Not people who hold biased opinions on the matter. Your opinion is nice, and meritable, But ultimately worthless in a court of law.

THAT'S What they were discussing. :wink:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:42 pm

Ummmm.. I know it's illegal. :| I wasn't trying to say they weren't illegal. What are you trying to say exactly? I was just stating my view on AMVs.. and I didn't mean the legal wise. :roll:

I think they were discussing more of the wrongs in rights of AMVs and how they harm and so forth.. not so much the technicalities of them being legal or illegal.

Nestor
Org Profile

Post by Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Ummmm.. I know it's illegal. :| I wasn't trying to say they weren't illegal. What are you trying to say exactly? I was just stating my view on AMVs.. and I didn't mean the legal wise. :roll:

I think they were discussing more of the wrongs in rights of AMVs and how they harm and so forth.. not so much the technicalities of them being legal or illegal.
Okay! Now we're making progress! You've admitted that it's not legal!

There's no more need whatsoever for you to be all up in arms over it for any reason.

accept it, and move on. :roll:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Nestor wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:Ummmm.. I know it's illegal. :| I wasn't trying to say they weren't illegal. What are you trying to say exactly? I was just stating my view on AMVs.. and I didn't mean the legal wise. :roll:

Okay! Now we're making progress! You've admitted that it's not legal!

There's no more need whatsoever for you to be all up in arms over it for any reason.

accept it, and move on. :roll:
I've mentioned about it not being legal in hundreds of threads. Like I said.. I wasn't arguing over it's legalness.. I was just trying to point out that I don't find it harmful in general thats all.

Nestor
Org Profile

Post by Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:59 pm

x_rex30 wrote:I've mentioned about it not being legal in hundreds of threads. Like I said.. I wasn't arguing over it's legalness.. I was just trying to point out that I don't find it harmful in general thats all.
And again, that's not the thrust of the topic.

:roll:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Nestor wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:I've mentioned about it not being legal in hundreds of threads. Like I said.. I wasn't arguing over it's legalness.. I was just trying to point out that I don't find it harmful in general thats all.
And again, that's not the thrust of the topic.

:roll:
I must admit, I didn't read much of that thread... :oops: srry.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:23 pm

I must admit, Im suprised with you Nestor. If we had more new members that are as smart and well spoken as you, this site would be a much better place. As for the topic. If people used less liscensed music, and more common sense, we may be able to save this site a lot of trouble. Im not really sure if music copyrighted in japan can cause as much trouble in America, but i may be wrong, as i usually am... :?

But like im saying, like othes said, if we used more music without hefty copywriting or any at all, which I havent seen much of, we may see some good AMV's that wont cause as much trouble with the law.

But remember, i have no effing clue what im talking about, so dont take my comments seriously.

Return to “Site Announcements”