2003 Viewers Choice Awards

decrescendo
Org Profile

A video worth checking out

Post by decrescendo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:48 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new on the AMV scene and I was checking out most of the videos that can be nominated especially the ramance side. anyways, I found a video I think was really good. Just curious if you all would look at it and tell me what you think, that way I can tell if I'm a good judge of quality before I nominate it hehe. oh yeah it's called Does it all matter, I think... and it's by Acend(Michael Wayland) I geuss that should be enough for you to find it. If you wanna reach me, just post a reply here. Thanks

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:13 pm

I was curious about something, and this seemed the place to go.

I was wondering how many nominations a video needs before it is placed in the running. Because it occured to me that if everyone votes for their own video, among others of course, then the entire catalogue will be placed into the running, rendering the whole idea of nominating videos pointless (I am operating under the assumption that many people will vote for at least themselves, hopefully others as well). So, if one nomination is all a video needs, then theoretically, there would be at least 9/10 of the catalogue in each category. Is it only the top 5-10 videos nominated that qualify for the final rounds, or is it videos that reach a certain number of nomnations, lets say 50?

Thanks for humoring my cluelessness.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Re: A video worth checking out

Post by Chaos Angel » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:14 pm

decrescendo wrote:Hi, I'm fairly new on the AMV scene and I was checking out most of the videos that can be nominated especially the ramance side. anyways, I found a video I think was really good. Just curious if you all would look at it and tell me what you think, that way I can tell if I'm a good judge of quality before I nominate it hehe. oh yeah it's called Does it all matter, I think... and it's by Acend(Michael Wayland) I geuss that should be enough for you to find it. If you wanna reach me, just post a reply here. Thanks
Go ahead and nominate it if you feel it is worthy of being in the running.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:36 pm

Hey Chaos Angel.

If everyone only nominated their own video for each category, all videos would have only one nomination vote. But, if only a few people venture out and nominate someone else's videos, then the better videos would receive more nominations than others.
VCA Rules wrote:Rule #10: There will be a round of video nominations for each category (deadline listed below). The top videos (usually 5) to receive the most nominations for each category will be eligible for the award for that category. A video may be for nominated zero or more categories.
This means that all nominations will be collected, the number of nominations will be counted for each video, the list will be ordered from most to least number of nominations collected, and the top 5 (maybe 6, maybe 4) videos will be in the final round of voting for each category.

I hope this clears it up. Thanks again and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:04 am

Ah. I missed that. ::baka moment:: Thanks.

And I know I am voting for more than my own videos, I assume others are as well, I was simply speaking hypothetically. God, if no one voted for a video that wasn't their's the VCAs would suck.

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Post by BishounenStalker » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:40 am

I'm actually making it a point to try not to vote for my own video. I only voted it into one category (Best First Video), and even then I made sure I voted for someone else's, too (won't say who, though).

Heck, I'm not expecting to even get nominated for anything. Not when I'm up against so many people.

I wasn't around for last year's VCAs, but from what I've heard it seems like it got downright ugly. I hope people are more mature about it this time around. I don't see the point of bitching that you didn't win or didn't get nominated, considering there are a ton of other contests one can enter besides this one. And it's only the start of the Con season. Maybe I'm just weird like that :?
-- Rachel the Demon, Resident Quoter of Obscure Nostalgia
"Great. He can pick his teeth when he's done with us!" - Marina, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Current AMV: Somewhere On This Night

Corran
Org Profile

Question about joint efforts

Post by Corran » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:15 am

I've finally finished nominating. Geez that was much longer than I thought it would be.
:)
Anyways I found something that I wasn't sure what to do on. VegettoEx and Meric did a joint project on their AMV/Trailer "The Professional." I therefore voted for both because I wasn't sure that it would be a good idea to just check one(If everyone did that then the votes would be split and neither would get a chance at winning.). My question is what happens if they both qualify? Will you (Phade) somehow specifically consolidate their video or will they take up room that another video could of had in the final vote or would only one get to go forward to the final voting?

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:39 am

:shock: Self titled and Self titled (updated) are totally different, glad I caught that. (Just posted this in case others didn't realize this.) Well I'm done for tonight. *Yawns*

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:40 am

BishounenStalker wrote:
I wasn't around for last year's VCAs, but from what I've heard it seems like it got downright ugly. I hope people are more mature about it this time around. I don't see the point of bitching that you didn't win or didn't get nominated, considering there are a ton of other contests one can enter besides this one.

Are you kidding me? If people act immature about the VCA's, it will actually give you a reason to come to the ORG for a while to see which creators are getting pissed off at who and it wil all end in great choas and fun!

VCA = a gawd send :roll:

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

What's going on? What's missing?

Post by DarkSchneider » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:50 am

Hey Phade, This is DarkSchneider, and I'm kinda stumped right now...

I've been on a-m-v.org, and making videos for a year and a half, I knew I didn't make it in time for the VCA awards last year, and I was sure with some extra works, I could get noticed. But I look at the list of nominations right now, and me and my works ain't even listed. I feel like I'm being left out, unless there's something I'm missing. What could it be? Or did you just forget? I'm really concerned, and confused a bit. Just had to ask :(

Return to “Site Announcements”