-I will insert these later-
I'm hoping that by posting this so earley it will give more people a chance to join in the mep this year...
I have a feeling I might end up calling this the "A-m-v.org Holiday Special"
but just like last year, if someone comes up with a better title then feel free to give out suggestions!
any suggestions on the mep are always welcome
PS. I have a better idea of what I want to do for transitions this year...
NEW: I was thinking of possibly making authored DVDs for all the people involved in the as a "gift" for being in the mep... (of the mep of course) if anyone is intersted please feel free to PM me... I would have to send it via Snail Mail so I would need an address to send it to... (can be a p/o box if you wish) anyways, its just a thought and a "thank you" for joining
1. ANYONE can join, this MEP is open to anyone who wants to submit any short, and you're allowed to submit as many shorts as you want/can, but heres the "catch" depending on how many submissions to this mep and the quality of your submissions will depend on weather or not the clip makes it into the finished project. (most stipulations have not yet been decided, quality issues that may occure aside)
2. .ORG RULES: your shorts must comply with the A-M-V.org local hosting rules, so no excessive violence, and no porn! (and no Evenescence, Seether or Creed) would eventually like to host this on the .org when its done...
3. THEME: Must be Christmas/Winter Holliday themed! Also can be Chanukah themed or Kwanza (sp?) or Yule... What ever "winter holliday" you like! as long as its based on some kind of winter theme... (ps. Halloween is NOT a winter theme, it's a "Fall theme")
4. LENGTH: Each clip must be under 1 Minute!! this is a short compliation AMV MEP. If your AMV exceeds the time restriant it might not be included in the final product. (depending on my mood). I decided to give a bit more time this year cause a few of the people last year were pushing the 30 sec limit anyways... so yea got a whole min this year XD
5. CONTENT: (3 Parts)
A. Video - I perfer that the video contains Anime. Video Game/CGI is okay but it doesnt blend well with anime in my opinion... Manga is okay as well, but yea... it depends on how you use it, I think. Cartoons are okay, as long as the overall video is anime, and live action O.o I haven't decided yet, but yea... depends on the situation I think
--SUBMIT AS CLEAN OF A VIDEO AS YOU CAN GET!
if you know how to clean your video with AVISYNTH please feel free to do it, (it will save me some time, just let me know you did, cause I will more than likely be attempting to clean clips myself, so if you dont want me to screw it up, then clean it yourself XD)
videos containing unintentional subtitles will not be allowed.
--ALSO - Project files should be 640x480 or 720x480 (BUT if you give me clips in this AR I will fix it myself to 640x480) ..so if someone uses 16x9 source they should letterbox it.
--As for a codec/container to render them in: I'd perfer the cleanest .AVI you can get me. most prefferably Lagarith Lossless or XVID single pass..
--Each anime/series/movie/show will be limited to 3 entries. I will list the anime that is over used at the bottom of this first post, so you know what is off limits.
--And, yes Ah! My Goddess, Adventures of Mini Goddess, and Oh! My Goddess are all "the same series"... same for Rurouni Kenshin and Samauri X and whatever other series that works this way... they are all the same characters therefore the same series, imo.
B. Song/Audio - any songs that are allowed to be hosted on the .org are allowed! (no Evenescence, Seether or Creed) but any non-holliday songs only if you can make it fit the theme.
-- any songs used last year will not be allowed, unless you find a DIFFERENT VERSION of the song, this is to keep anything from repeating too much, and becomming redundant.
--Repeating Artists - like the Video sources, i want to limit the redundancy of repeating artists (I had 3 southpark clips last year O.o) so I'd like to keep it to 2-3 songs to the same artist (depends on what kind of song mix I get this year.)
--Song Claim - feel free to claim your song in the thread if you are worried about someone doing it!!!
C. Mood: I went for comedy last year, but got a mixed bag anyways, I'd perfer happy comedy stuff, but anything is possible at this point... most prefereably "happy" or "warm and fuzzy"... im not really going for "sad" sorries
6. WATERMARKS: I'd perfer you dont watermark.
7. HOW TO: Submit your FINAL project in any way possible to me either in AIM/PM/Skype/email/ect:
either you can send it to me VIA your own host, or you can send using one of these sites:
(oh after so many dls from rapidshare i get blocked for a day or something, so I'd perfer you not use this one.)
1GB limit(by someone who just used it)
300mb limit (I found this one on google O.o)
1GB (found on google, donno much about it)
Please put the video in a .zip or .rar file and include
1. the video
2. a separate WAV/high quality version of the song you use (cut to fit your video)..
3. and a .txt file that has this information:
8. DEADLINE: December 5, 2006 and the final product will probably be posted by when i finish it.... I kinda want to release it a bit earlier this year...your txt file wrote:1. Anime:
3. Did you already clean this?:
4. Your .org screenname:
9. BETA: if you wish me to beta your video before hand, that way you dont send me a full quality vid and i go "o.O" feel free to send me a small coppy in whatever format you choose... this will save time...
10. Above all Have Fun! And feel free to make your videos as fun as you want them!
11. Suggestions: having a hard time comming up with any ideas?
These songs arent claimed yet:
If there are any Questions feel free to post them in this thread
but be sure to read the whole thread before asking any new questions.
feel free to post in the thread as well if you want to join in XD
(I will bold the ones that are finished and accepted)
(up to 3 clips per show)
bolded title means its been maxed out.