Anime Boston 2005 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Anime Boston 2005 Winners

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 12:37 am

Great contest this year, that's all I have to say about it for now. Drama was actually probably the strongest category in an unusual change of pace. Romance was a bit weak (it had the fewest at 5 videos), hopefully next year it expands. Action and Comedy were both decent, my vid (coming soon!) got a great reaction so I have no complaints.

Here goes...

Audience Vote
Best Drama and Best of Show - Atonement by Kiarrens

Best Action - Heading For A New Century by Marisa Panaccio

Best Romance - Alberto Gonzalez's KareKano vid (He's listing all his vids on the 'Org within the next couple months, no link available yet)

Best Comedy - Channel Surfin' (no link)

Judged Awards

Best Editing - My Evil Alien by Scintilla

Best Concept - Gunsmoke Outlaws by Tsunami Jones

Judge's Choice - Staring Down The Barrel by ANTDrakko

Edit - OtakuForLife defeated Guyv in the AMV Iron Editor. The Secret Ingredient was Yakitate!! Japan volume 1.
Last edited by dokool on Sun May 01, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 am

On the radio show, I heard you or somebody say something about a Postal Service video... :-o Whose was that? And what song/anime?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 1:27 am

AtomX wrote:On the radio show, I heard you or somebody say something about a Postal Service video... :-o Whose was that? And what song/anime?

Such Great Heights to Voices of a Distant Star. Can't tell you the editor, I don't have a ballot available at the moment...

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun May 01, 2005 1:52 am

I thought the best drama/show video was pretty well done. Captured the essence of FMA very well. I would have liked to see it have been a little more tightly synced, but overall a good video.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun May 01, 2005 1:55 am

Man, reading over the profiles of the winning videos, some people update their video profiles REALLY fast. Like minutes after the results are posted :shock:

In any case, congratulations to the winners! I'll try and check them out soon (assuming I don't have 10 stars pending -_-).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

kafei23415
Org Profile

I WENT 2 ANIME BOSTON!

Post by kafei23415 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:19 am

OMG! Some of you guys talking in here I might have actually saw! I had a one day pass...(grumbles) and it was a mess. I didn't even get 2 see the AMV contest, but I was there at 8:00 AM!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

BTW! Just in case any peeps from Anime Boston are wondering what I looked like, I was not in a cosplayer uniform, and people thought I was a girl because of my long red hair...(I'm a guy and My name is Dan). I was hanging out with two other people... a girl with a hat(great detail, huh?) and a kid with glasses and a black shirt(I'm on a roll tonight!). So, there... Good Job to whoever won. :P

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:20 am

Blargh, cursed spoilers! Both the audience voted best ones are series I havent finished yet but mean to.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Blargh, cursed spoilers! Both the audience voted best ones are series I havent finished yet but mean to.
I assure you that Best Action goes by so fast you probably won't catch any of the real spoilers. Can't say that for Atonement, though.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun May 01, 2005 7:37 am

Hm ... I dld the winner of Best Action a half year ago. It's really a good video. May I ask where I can see a list of all enterd videos ?

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun May 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Congrats to everyone!

Return to “AMV Contests”