Amecon 2004 AMV Contest results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Amecon 2004 AMV Contest results

Post by Savia » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:57 pm

Hey all,

I was at Leicester-based convention Amecon, and as I don't believe any convention officials are members of the site I thought I'd announce here the result and my pick of the entries (NOTE: other videos listed are opinion only!). The winner of the AMV competition was The Narutrix, by Inertia.

Other videos I liked:

toothycat.net's Move On, one of very, very few Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou videos and a fairly calmly enjoyable video throughout.

Jane's Last Dream- not uploaded on the Org as far as I can tell, but this video was the most incredible I-want-to-see-that-series video I've seen. Sadly, I have no more information than the title- noone in the room knew what the series was.

Lem T Lemming's 'World of the Undead' was good, also not uploaded.

A mention should go to i luv cats's Hellsing video- likewise not uploaded, and even the title was unclear at the showing.

Sorry for there being so many unavailable videos- that's all I can find from the worthy con entrants.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

taeli
Org Profile

Post by taeli » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:29 am

Gah, I missed the part of Amecon I was most looking forward to due to Evil gophers. Forgiveness = never. i love cats missed it to, we were not happy lol. I never got round to making a video, thru DVD drive breakage and laziness :oops: and regret it lots now.

I saw the Narutrix at the end of the con tho, it's an awesome trailor, and a worthy winner.

Return to “AMV Contests”