Unsuported File Type

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Wolfgangh
Org Profile

Unsuported File Type

Post by Wolfgangh » Fri May 21, 2004 6:42 am

I am trying to make an AMV to the Warcraft III FMV's and whenever I try to import them it says that they were recorded in an unsuported rate and then lists the ones that are suported, 11kHz 22kHz etc, does anyone have any idea how to remmedy this?
Hehe, your head looks like a potato

TriGGiT
Org Profile

see if this helps

Post by TriGGiT » Fri May 21, 2004 2:52 pm

back up ur file before doing this

1-download the program HEX EDITOR here http://download.com.com/3000-2352-86756 ... ag=lst-0-7

2-open the vid thats giving u probs with hex editor and look for a line that says DXGM and change it to DIVX(if there is no DXGM line look for something else that can be changed).

i had a similar problem when trying to open HOMEWORLD2 videos and thats how i solved it, i dont know if this will wok, just try it.

Wolfgangh
Org Profile

Post by Wolfgangh » Sat May 22, 2004 3:31 am

Seems like its worth a shot.

Wolfgangh
Org Profile

Post by Wolfgangh » Sun May 23, 2004 1:46 am

Ok um... This is my first time using a Hex Editor and all so how do I find this fabeld DXGM I ran a search for it using the find thing and it didn't find anything?

DemonSpawn
Org Profile

Post by DemonSpawn » Sun May 23, 2004 7:47 am

There's usually a couple of different search functions. You want the one that searches for a text string, not hex code.
Another pointless post!

Wolfgangh
Org Profile

Post by Wolfgangh » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:40 am

I hate to be a pain but the one that BDaWiD linked to only has one search function that is to search for all kinds of crazey ASCII stuff? Does anyone have a hex editor that can search for text strings?

DemonSpawn
Org Profile

Post by DemonSpawn » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:45 pm

Man, it's been awhile since I did any programming type stuff, but I'm pretty sure that ASCII is text, or at least the translation of raw code into text.

It's probably what you want. And heck, if it's the only option, may as well try it.
Another pointless post!

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:31 pm

ASCII is the translation of raw numbers into text via a standard table. Not all of them are printable, and this creates no end of issues (resulting in binary and ASCII modes in FTP, among other things).

DemonSpawn
Org Profile

Post by DemonSpawn » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:05 pm

I think that's probably one of the main reasons Japanese text doesn't display in the American version of Windows.

And ASCII was only one method of translation, if I remember correctly. But at least it's the most commonly used one.
Another pointless post!

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:11 pm

DemonSpawn wrote:And ASCII was only one method of translation, if I remember correctly. But at least it's the most commonly used one.
Fortunately, all the others but binary and ASCII fell out of use. Aren't standards wonderful? There are so many to choose from!

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”