New AMV Social Network

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
jesalbeta
Org Profile

New AMV Social Network

Post by jesalbeta » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Hey creators,

I recently launched a new social network called Vibe Boost (https://www.vibeboost.co/) built specifically for AMV editors. It has a custom built browser-based uploader catered to perfectly looping videos and has a strong community of Viners on it at the moment since we focus on shorter edits. If anyone is looking for a fresh start with a community of like-minded individuals where you don't have to worry about constantly getting copyright striked come check us out!

Let me know what you guys think of it,
Vibe Boost founder, Jesal

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Re: New AMV Social Network

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm

short edits are the death of amvs.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Wouldn't short looping videos be better suited for YTMND?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

jesalbeta
Org Profile

Post by jesalbeta » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:51 pm

SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm
I would argue they are keeping the medium alive; it's great for when you just want to pull out your phone and catch a quick fix of some quality edits, which is more in tune with how we consume media today (in short spontaneous bursts). It's also great for editors because you don't have to get burnt out on longer projects and can instead constantly pump out short bursts of creativity.

jesalbeta
Org Profile

Post by jesalbeta » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:32 pm
Wouldn't short looping videos be better suited for YTMND?
I'm not familiar with that site/community, but you can check out https://www.vibeboost.co/profile/hanami for some great examples of the looping edits we try and promote. It's more visual arts based than any other form of looping.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Some of them look kind of cool, but I must admit, as an old guy now, I've never understood the point of looping clips. 1 time is enough for me.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am

SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm
These aren't even AMVs, these are something else entirely.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am

Video length aside, where's the community aspect? If it's a social network, that's what I think would be important. I don't want to make an account to "interact" just yet, but do you have some screenshots or something of how the users are supposed to interact with one another? Is there a tagging system?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Someone should make a site that catalogs and hosts AMVs, one with a component where users could interact with each other. That actually sounds like a great idea

jesalbeta
Org Profile

Post by jesalbeta » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Some of them look kind of cool, but I must admit, as an old guy now, I've never understood the point of looping clips. 1 time is enough for me.
CrackTheSky wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am
These aren't even AMVs, these are something else entirely.
This style was born on Vine (released in 2013 with a 6.5 second length limit), so it is quite recent and unorthodox in the grand scheme of AMVs. It is because they are so short that seamlessly looping them became a thing (this gives them a longer feeling of infinity).

Thinking about them more, I would would say these are a subset of AMVs, maybe anime music previews, since they are more like a promo of the audios/visuals to come. Think of it like you were going to watch a quick advertisement for a full length AMV.

jesalbeta
Org Profile

Post by jesalbeta » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Ileia wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am
Video length aside, where's the community aspect? If it's a social network, that's what I think would be important. I don't want to make an account to "interact" just yet, but do you have some screenshots or something of how the users are supposed to interact with one another? Is there a tagging system?
The site is meant to be as streamlined as possible for discovery, and though you can't necessarily interact directly, I do display user social links on profiles so that interaction can occur elsewhere (for example, engagement on Twitter would be more robust than in a standard comment section). Right now you can do the basics: like/follow/personalized feeds, etc. It functions more like a hub for your favorite creators/content.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:55 am

Btw it's bugged in firefox for me audio is crap for some reason :d
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “General AMV”