Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:26 pm

This is the #1 song in the United States of America right now. The Top 100 hasn't been updated yet but it probably will be tomorrow.

This got a lot of attention for being the rare rap-country crossover hit, which has been the subject of a lot of controversy and discussion, but no one is really talking about the music video and I think that's (almost?) just as interesting.

I don't know who made this (possibly the artist himself for all I know, it's on his channel) but it's got 31 million views and is (at the moment) still the most official Music Video for the song that exists. It's literally just a GMV made with scenes from Red Dead Redemption 2.

It's not an AMV but this is still kind of a big deal.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

Post by UnluckyArtist » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

the whole thing is pretty interesting indeed and the fact that the official video is a GMV is something else on it's own, like it's kinda funny by it's simplicity and how well it fits but it's also more proof that this wasnt meant to be a big deal, just a kid putting cowboy visuals to his cowboy song. Ye it's somethin else i tell you hwhat.. and I could get on the audacity of the country genre for not accepting this as country but that's a whole different conversation.

Return to “General AMV”