January 26-27, 2019
Blair County Convention Center
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 10, 2019
Whether you're a novice making an AMV for the first time or a seasoned veteran, we would love for you to submit an AMV. Awards will be given to the top AMVs.
Any questions and to submit, visit https://setsucon.com/programming/amvs/.
- By submitting your AMV entry, you grant Setsucon the rights to show your video at Setsucon 2019 and all future Setsucon events.
- Setsucon is a family friendly convention, please make sure the content is suitable for all ages.
- Anyone, both veterans and amateur video editors are encouraged to enter.
- Multi-editor collaboration is allowed, but only 1 video submission per person or team.
- AMV cannot have won an award at any other convention, film festival, or online competition as of the date of submission and/or been entered in the Setsucon AMV contest previously.
- All videos must use anime footage, or video game footage, granted that the game originated in Japan.
- Organization of the AMV contest and its judging will be based on the number of entrants and is at the discretion of the Setsucon staff.
- Audio from any English Dubbed anime is not permitted.
- Attendance at Setsucon is not required for contest entry, although it is encouraged. Attendance at the convention has no effect on your chances of winning the AMV Contest.
- Setsucon Planning Staff may not enter an AMV into the Contest.
- Should Setsucon receive a large number of submissions, AMVs will be pre-screened to ensure as many videos can be shown within the contest's scheduled time.
- Any exceptions to these rules and other rules will be made on a video-by-video evaluation.
- Submissions should be encoded in MP4, MPEG2, or AVI format, although not required. All files will be converted to a uniform format for the AMV contest, so quality is key.
- Please use up to date codecs and proper video compression.
- Leave 2 seconds of black space before and after your production.
- Video should be in 720p (1280x720) resolution and 29.97 FPS format if possible. All videos will be scaled to this resolution.
- If you wish, you may include multiple versions with different encoding settings or file formats with a note indicating your order of preference for usage. This is in case we have issues with one of the file formats.
- Please preview your finalized CD, DVD, or USB drive to make sure that the video copied properly (sound quality, timing, disk errors, etc).
- Bad pixel quality, watermarks, logos, etc., will result in immediate disqualification.
- No subtitles will be permitted unless you added them yourself.
- The minimum time limit is 30 seconds and the maximum time limit is 5 minutes.
- DO NOT include a title screen or credits anywhere in your video. We will format one for the contest using the information provided on the entry form.
- The contest will use VLC Media Player for the show. Please ensure that your video plays smoothly in this player.
- Mail-in entries can be submitted on CD-R, DVD-R, or USB drive, but please do not send a Blu-Ray Disc.
- You must provide a link to a downloadable file for your AMV. This can be done with either your personal web space or a free service such as Box.com or Google Drive. No links from YouTube, Vimeo, or any other video-streaming website will be allowed.
- Setsucon reserves the right to disqualify any submission for any of the following reasons: objectionable content in the song or video (language, hentai, etc.), bad audio or video quality, subtitles, lack of signed entry form, failure to adhere to the rules, unplayable on Setsucon equipment, or for other reason not mentioned as the staff deems necessary.
- If you are unsure if the content of the AMV is permissible, please email the staff and then we can review the video and make a decision. Remember, Setsucon is a family friendly convention, so the content must be tasteful.
- If more than two animes or songs for your video are used, please write "various" in the appropriate space on the entry form.
- If you do not want your real name to be used for the credits at the AMV contest, please write your call-sign/nickname/multi-editor name next to your real name in parentheses.
- Submissions will NOT be returned, please do not send the master copy or something that you want returned.