Im going to edit an AMV on VHS with a setup that cost over $25,000 in the 90's

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
You Know Who really
Org Profile

Re: Im going to edit an AMV on VHS with a setup that cost over $25,000 in the 90's

Post by You Know Who really » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm

looks great. Congrats on the 3rd deck. It will make life a whole lot easier. I love the keyboard on the floor. LOL. I believe I've had to edit like that sometimes.

You Know Who really
Org Profile

Re: Im going to edit an AMV on VHS with a setup that cost over $25,000 in the 90's

Post by You Know Who really » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Also as far as manuals, you should be able to find them online. just doing a quick search I found the sony FXE-120 doc at this site . https://www.manualslib.com/products/Son ... 48638.html

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:02 pm

justin_ wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 am
Also I am wondering how much interest there would be in me bringing this to a Con and showing it off? Im not going to say what con, i'm not even 100% im going to be able to make it even without the gear and the board of the con knows nothing about this as of right now, but I am thinking about dragging this whole setup to a con and trying to see if I can set it up somewhere.
A lot of questions about this idea but first and foremost, how would you manage to actually take all of this anywhere at all?

justin_
Org Profile

Post by justin_ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 am

seasons wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:02 pm
justin_ wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 am
Also I am wondering how much interest there would be in me bringing this to a Con...
A lot of questions about this idea but first and foremost, how would you manage to actually take all of this anywhere at all?
Assuming everything works out (I can make it, the con is willing to host it, etc) the idea is to put it in a small UHaul trailer and drag it behind a truck. I live in a college town with only about 60k people, so while we are not all that close to any cons we have people that like to go to them. Every year there are 1-2 groups of 8-10 people from my university that go, we split the cost of fuel and hotel so we can all afford it and we have a good time. Back in early December I got ahold of one of the people that often drives and he told me that if he goes he wouldn't mind dragging a trailer if I make it worth it for him (pay an extra share of fuel and pay for his entry or something like that).

I really want to bring it over, and I think it would be really fun, but it will cost me a fair bit. $120 + insurance for the UHaul, probably 2 shares of about $120 for fuel, $150 for the hotel, $75 for food, and some cash to blow while i'm there. It wouldn't surprise me if the trip cost me $800-$1,000 all in.

justin_
Org Profile

Post by justin_ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 am

You Know Who really wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Also as far as manuals, you should be able to find them online. just doing a quick search I found the sony FXE-120 doc at this site . https://www.manualslib.com/products/Son ... 48638.html
I do have the manual, I actually printed it and got it bound, but there seems to be a lot that the deck can do that is either not documented, or is not technically supported. I've found a few tricks with it while just messing around, at the same time sometimes I struggle to do things that are documented in the manual. It is an odd manual, there is very little text on how to do things, most of the directions are just a series of photos of what buttons to press. Also it is possible to combine features to make it do even more things (only a few are actually documented).

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:11 pm

justin_ wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
Quoted Image converted to link:
https://i.imgur.com/ezEIOKC.jpg
Not to be too nosy (I hope), but how is this going? (just noticed the Evangelion tapes, nice!)

Real life gets in the way of this stuff a lot, I know.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 am

This is a terrible idea that no one should ever attempt. Therefore, you should make it a comedy video. Then everyone will think it's brilliant.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Can equipment like this crossfade between two clips? If so, could that have been possible on much cheaper consumer level equipment as well?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 am

the Black Monarch wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 am
This is a terrible idea that no one should ever attempt.

Return to “General AMV”