Video of the Year

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:i really dont care that much for either...

so i closed my eyes and clicked
I did one better. I refused to vote.

Man I should be American, I have your voting style down.
yea well... its not like my vote really counts anyways... when they get rid of the electorial college maybe then ill vote :/

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:30 pm

they are never NEVER going to get rid of the electoral college ... how else are they going to rig the election and make it seem ligit?

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Funky-kun wrote:
Willen wrote:
Infinity Squared wrote:Repeating what I said in the Amvience forums...
I'm torn between Reflections and Galaxy Bounce. Galaxy Bounce has a high replayability value for me. It's awesome every sitting. Reflections on the other hand isn't something I'm tempted to play on loop, however it strikes me as amazing everytime I do watch it.

At the end of the day it's a question to me of simplicity versus extravagance... hard choice indeed.
So... coin flip may be in order.
Nay. I say we have a first ever TIE!
the videos that can compare to Reflections are no more than 3... :roll: and Galaxy Bounce is none of them
Are you on crack? Is it crack? :D

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:05 pm

I'm torn between Reflections and Galaxy Bounce. Galaxy Bounce has a high replayability value for me. It's awesome every sitting. Reflections on the other hand isn't something I'm tempted to play on loop, however it strikes me as amazing everytime I do watch it.

At the end of the day it's a question to me of simplicity versus extravagance... hard choice indeed.
Reflections is a creative vid but I agree with what was said; I watch it maybe once every couple months. So in the end I think I'll give my vote to the AMV that I watched more times than all the others combined last year.

Galaxy Bounce FTW.

gravityrules
Org Profile

Post by gravityrules » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:20 pm

kisanzi wrote:

Reflections is a creative vid but I agree with what was said; I watch it maybe once every couple months. So in the end I think I'll give my vote to the AMV that I watched more times than all the others combined last year.

Galaxy Bounce FTW.
I agree. Reflections is a technnically amazing video, but Galaxy Bounce made me go "wow" the first time i saw it and i'm still like "wow" every time i watch it - which is quite frequently. If I had to give someone an example of a vid I really like, I would think of Galaxy Bounce way before I would ever think of reflections. so, yeah, i vote Galaxy Bounce. :lol:
Ranch dressing.
I challenge you to sit there and really examine the taste of it with your tongue and tell me what it's made out of, without looking at the bottle.
It doesn't taste like what it's made out of, does it?

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:21 pm

I'd like to nominate Skittles for Video Of the year...

dazedash
Org Profile

Post by dazedash » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Spoiler :
What a hack of a job they made out of "Pale Cocoon" this time…?
oO
I would rather see "From the Ashes" or some other vid in the final than "Galaxy Bounce". It’s not like I don’t like this AMV, but to do such a thing to "Pale Cocoon" – yeah, that was originally. "Pale Cocoon", a dance rhythm... This song... OMG... ^^-
Anyways... the video not that bad at all, i should’ve given Nostromo some credits for it when it was announced. The anime made me think, the AMV made me kinda dance %)
Good music though.
/me likes it.
But i voted for Kamaz. He’s just a genius of his work (hobby i guess), creating even more detailed and incredible stories in short periods of allocated time for the AMV videos' "frames". I’m still shocked after "Fade to Blue", not saying about "Reflections" that include quite 'a few' technical work, and really good story even if it’s not in English: )

P.s.
Spoiler :
Little bit sad, but my prediction of wining this category goes to Nostromo; most people would like to watch something like "Galaxy Bounce" than listen to some Russian "popsa" ("popca"? -.-)

Alex Daikou
Org Profile

Post by Alex Daikou » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:45 pm

Reflection must win =|

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:54 pm

..in Soviet Russia. |:>
Hi.

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:40 am

i guess this is the first time with such a close battle for vid of the year :roll:

anyway im happy there are good vids out there :lol:

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2007”