Sakura-Con 2007 AMV Contest Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Infinity Squared wrote: It just wasn't that time of year this time around for big inspirations and I always thought this competition deserved to receive the good stuff and not just some stock video I've got hiding around for emergencies :P
Better than me just being lazy :uhoh:

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:21 pm

hey dont bring up Lazy, I havent made an AMV in 2 years
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:15 pm

Infinity Squared wrote:Anyway, to keep some semblance of remaining on topic, I just have to say that I regretted not being able to send in a video this year. It just wasn't that time of year this time around for big inspirations and I always thought this competition deserved to receive the good stuff and not just some stock video I've got hiding around for emergencies :P
Hey, that's what I sent in! lol
Seijin_Dinger wrote:hey dont bring up Lazy, I havent made an AMV in 2 years
Running a contest will do that to ya Tom. I know I almost never make AMV's anymore. What I had sent to you was the only thing I did at all last year. I was too busy making SOMEONES opening ceremonies video and commercials. =^P
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:58 pm

hackerzc wrote:
Running a contest will do that to ya Tom. I know I almost never make AMV's anymore. What I had sent to you was the only thing I did at all last year. I was too busy making SOMEONES opening ceremonies video and commercials. =^P
Yea.. right... I still make videos (ok, I'm down to one or two) PLUS run two contests, several AMV rooms and Director of Site Ops for a con! So that's no excuse :P

Vlad

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:41 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
hackerzc wrote:
Yea.. right... I still make videos (ok, I'm down to one or two) PLUS run two contests, several AMV rooms and Director of Site Ops for a con! So that's no excuse :P

Vlad
Working on Otakon's AMV Contest kills my inner child. ^_^
But seriously though, after the con I want nothing to do with AMV's for months, mostly because of the drama involved. I also do publicity stuff for Sakura-con which hits me right after Otakon. So I'm doing some sort of con stuff all year round. In fact I left Nekocon because I could only deal with one con a year and stay sane, and I loved it there. So I'm honestly thinking of dropping something soon.
On top of that I have several hobbies that have nothing to do with anime that eat up my other free time. I have like a dozen things pulling me in different directions, fighting for what gets my time first. When I do edit I need to push everything else away for the time I'm editing, or I'll be too distracted and nothing gets done. It's just not very often I can do that.
The whole Otaku/anime/AMV thing is just one hobby of many for me. I can't live and breath it like others seem to do.

Someone said there is only room in life for one great passion. That is something I can totally agree with as I'm juggling several right now and it's just too difficult.
John Westbrook

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:54 pm

I am working on a Nausicaa video to send to Otakon
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:37 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Tsunami Jones wrote:Congrats on winning my award, Vlad!

:lol:
Yes, I thought it was quite ironic winning it! Now I'll have to live with having your call name on a certificate and having to explain it to people :P
could be worse
I was contemplating making a Tsunami Jones Bobble Head

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:06 am

hackerzc wrote:Running a contest will do that to ya Tom. I know I almost never make AMV's anymore. What I had sent to you was the only thing I did at all last year. I was too busy making SOMEONES opening ceremonies video and commercials. =^P
Hehe... I don't know if it's because I have been running AMV contests for a few years now, but I have lessened in my production too (but not nearly as much as Vlad has, I still make 3 or more a year)... but anyway... Anime Academy Heroes 2... eh... one day :lol:

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 am

Even when I was REALLY into it I don't think I did three a year lol. It's not from last of want... but more from lack of time or drive.
For me after working on a contest it just burns me out doing slates and the intro, going through pre-screenings, etc. By time it's over I'm just not in the mood to do my own stuff. Last year after Otakon I was supposed to start this new big project of mine, but it never happened.
If you do something else for a couple months you usually get back into the mood and want to do something again, but by time that happens I'm working on another con which takes up my time so I can't make anything.
For some reason I can't split my energy or attention between the two. It had to be one or the other.
I'm weird like that.
John Westbrook

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:46 am

Seijin_Dinger wrote:could be worse
I was contemplating making a Tsunami Jones Bobble Head
:x :lol:

Return to “AMV Contests”