AMV Telephone Project (completed)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 am

Then no H.264 version then?

I have a bad habit of deleting everything with the shift key, thus skipping the recycle bin. Don't feel bad, we all have a little stupid inside of us (some more than others :lol:!)
Insert clever text/image here.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 am

Well technically the only thing permanently gone is the intro.

That said, I'm honestly very disturbed. I wouldn't be if fuckups like that were not a permanent feature of my existence :|

I guess my only hope of repentance is re-editing it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:40 am

Otohiko wrote:I guess my only hope of repentance is re-editing it.
Please, don't kill yourself over this. I probably can't dissuade you, but at least take your time. We have enough to celebrate about as it is. :P

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:41 am

Otohiko wrote:Well technically the only thing permanently gone is the intro.

That said, I'm honestly very disturbed. I wouldn't be if fuckups like that were not a permanent feature of my existence :|

I guess my only hope of repentance is re-editing it.
Most versions of windows have third party undelete programs. Assuming you haven't actually overwritten the data on the drive yet.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:47 am

I have the intro and credit sequence that you sent me.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:48 am

I've tried. All the files I get out are corrupted.
jasper-isis wrote: Please, don't kill yourself over this. I probably can't dissuade you, but at least take your time. We have enough to celebrate about as it is. :P
LOL

You do realize that post could be interpreted two ways? >__>
Wait, that was probably the intention. Bah.

Alright, I'm officially over it. All that's left to do would be restoring the intro. Which I probably will not be able to do until next weekend at the earliest, but I've already promised I will.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:24 am

madbunny wrote:I have the intro and credit sequence that you sent me.
Yes however it is compressed. We are looking for a lossless copy, and it never left my HD.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:03 am

Hahaha, did you change quotes because of that, or did I just not notice it already being there?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:18 am

I wonder. :P

Another thing I realized:

My track is gone too. And if I have to re-make that, that will be the 2nd time I do so (the first was after an HD crash in May wiped it out).

I almost want to say it's not worth the effort just for an x264/DVD quality encode, and it probably isn't, but even just on principle I'll have to do it. There's no reason this should've happened in the first place (and all the more ridiculous considering this is at least the 3rd time this happened to an MEP-related video work of mine).

The other option is to simply rip the intro + first track from the available xvid, but I don't think that's fair for me to get away so easily. :roll:

[edit]

Good news! I managed to salvage all but 5 seconds of my own track. I've also pulled out about 1/3 of the intro. Problem part-solved.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”