vegas trouble

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:14 pm

Did you export it as an uncompressed file or did you try to encode it to HuffYUV/Lagarith it when you rendered it? Always export your file uncompressed if you can. Do you get any error messages when you try to open it with VDM? Are you trying to open the file directly, or with an AVIsynth script?

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:33 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Did you export it as an uncompressed file or did you try to encode it to HuffYUV/Lagarith it when you rendered it? Always export your file uncompressed if you can. Do you get any error messages when you try to open it with VDM? Are you trying to open the file directly, or with an AVIsynth script?
thanks for the quick reply and all.... honestly.. i never used AVIsynth cause i never used dvd footage ( took the cheap easy way out ) and well.. i compressed it using huffyuv to make the clips to use for the amv.. but when i was done with the amv.. i never rendered it with any compression... it was just one big file. when i open it using vdm, it just closes without any error message!! and yeah i tried opening my rendered file directly using vdm!!
thanx

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:25 am

Ok. When you export your video, do this, because I think you're just going with the defaults and that's probably causing problems.

1. File > Render As...
2. Where it says "Template" there should be a button next to it that says "Custom..." Click it.
3. Change quality to Best.
4. Click the "Video" tab at the bottom.
>Make sure the frame size matches your source frame size.
>Make sure the frame rate matches your video's frame rate.
>Change field order to progressive
>Change video format to uncompressed
>Check interleave every frame
6. Click the "Audio" tab and uncheck "Include Audio"

Now, save your file. It should open in VDM just fine. Compress the video to XviD (using this portion of EADFAG if necessary). Now, compress your audio to MP3 and attach it to your video by opening your video file in VDM, going to "Streams", clicking "Add" and choosing your MP3. Go to "Video" click "Direct Stream Copy" and save your video.

Voila, a distributable AMV.

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:57 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Ok. When you export your video, do this, because I think you're just going with the defaults and that's probably causing problems.

1. File > Render As...
2. Where it says "Template" there should be a button next to it that says "Custom..." Click it.
3. Change quality to Best.
4. Click the "Video" tab at the bottom.
>Make sure the frame size matches your source frame size.
>Make sure the frame rate matches your video's frame rate.
>Change field order to progressive
>Change video format to uncompressed
>Check interleave every frame
6. Click the "Audio" tab and uncheck "Include Audio"

Now, save your file. It should open in VDM just fine. Compress the video to XviD (using this portion of EADFAG if necessary). Now, compress your audio to MP3 and attach it to your video by opening your video file in VDM, going to "Streams", clicking "Add" and choosing your MP3. Go to "Video" click "Direct Stream Copy" and save your video.

Voila, a distributable AMV.
haha... trust me.. i have a long way to go before i can go: voila!!
iam not even half done... somehow i am running out of ideas halfway down my amv... i just cant finish and i sit hours on the project and end up deleting whatever i've worked on... anyway.. back to that problem... i went down till teh end of step 4. this might sound ridiculously dumb but i cant compare the frame rates and sizes cause i dont know where to look for the source's frame rate or size!!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:02 am

Open one of the clips you're using in your video in VirtualDubMod and go to File > File Information. It'll tell you the video's size, frame rate, and a whole bunch of other nifty information that you probably don't need.

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:09 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Open one of the clips you're using in your video in VirtualDubMod and go to File > File Information. It'll tell you the video's size, frame rate, and a whole bunch of other nifty information that you probably don't need.
i shouldve figured that out... thanx ... and it works absolutely fine... somehow the project so far was around 600 mb and after compressing it down using vdm it got down to 70 mb or so!!! and there was no difference in quality at all!!! iam so excited now!! cant wait to finish it :)
thanx

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”