Wonderwall

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:42 am

Nice video definetly an improvment since your last video and I like the effects not to strinking but simply supporting the actual video quite nicely. The song doesn't really appeal to me neither does the sceneselection and the whole video is a bit to sappy still it doesn't deliver the depth and dramatic plot that you last videos had. So better editing but therefor less concept. Try to blance that a little better next time. 3/5 ;)

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:34 am

I have watched two Escaflowne only vids: this one and one made with Korn's Let's Get This Party Started. I don't know what to make of the movie from not watching it and two very different vids.

awsm Wonderwall though. Haven't heard the song in a while, nice to hear it from a well made vid.
Under Construction

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:22 am

very nice... i didnt much care for the text... but other then that its a good video.

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:31 am

Thank you all ^^
Ingow wrote:I love it, one of the most emotional videos I've seen in a while :D

I especially enjoyed your scene-selection since Escaflowne is a really hard series to work with but you somehow managed to find scenes that I can't even remember from the series anymore :>

great work :wink:
Yay I’m so happy that you like it <3 :D
And when I made the video there were some scenes which I don’t remember either lol
qwertycoder wrote:Thanks alot yumi than was a very nice vid, ive never seen escaflone before so i think you just peaked my intrest.
Thank you ^-^ Well then you really have to watch Escaflowne ;)
-Bauzi- wrote:The amv worked almost good, but I think, that there is sometimes to much syncing with effects. However: a solid and good charackter profil :)
Thanks ^^ Well about the song lol my sister became so annoyed because she had to hear it so often lol and even I didn't want to hear the song anymore sometimes :P
PX32 wrote:A really impressive "non-effect" video. I like the way you are telling the story. It's rare that music and anime fit together so well.^^
Once again I am really suprised by what you accomplished. And it was a good choise to change to editing with Premiere.
I will leave you a detailed opinion later.^^

GO ON LIKE THIS!
Thanks so much <3 :D I’m so glad you like it ._.
And I’m looking forward to your detailed opinion :P
JudgeHolden wrote:The band Travis responded to this song asking "What is a Wonderwall anyway?" (I think in the song "Writing to Reach You"). Anyway, I Shall download and find out if the question has been answered ..... :P

JH
Oh well I was asking this myself a lot too lol In my video Hitomi is just Van’s wonderwall :P So go and watch it! ^^
Infinity Squared wrote:Nice... definitely nice. Some jumpy scenes like one or two frames seem to have jumped ship. Feeling-wise, it's fairly consistent with what I'd expect of any video done to this song. Good job.
Thanks, I’m glad you like it ^^
Warheart wrote:Nice video definetly an improvment since your last video and I like the effects not to strinking but simply supporting the actual video quite nicely. The song doesn't really appeal to me neither does the sceneselection and the whole video is a bit to sappy still it doesn't deliver the depth and dramatic plot that you last videos had. So better editing but therefor less concept. Try to blance that a little better next time. 3/5 ;)
Thanks a lot for your comment^^
Well about the depth and dramatic plot, the Anime I used before is just so much better lol And I feel much more addicted to it… I actually didn’t really think long about the song/video combination because I had so many ideas and didn’t know which one to make and then I just thought I should make something totally different (and also this video was for me to get to know premiere) ^^
8bit_samurai wrote:awsm Wonderwall though. Haven't heard the song in a while, nice to hear it from a well made vid.
Thank you ^^
AMV_4000 wrote:very nice... i didnt much care for the text... but other then that its a good video.
Thanks so much ^-^

Streicher
Org Profile

Post by Streicher » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:43 am

I can't stand that music group, nor the the song.
The anime left a sour taste because of its very unsatisfying ending.
Not the best premises for enjoying this amv.^^;
Was still fine to me. Your editing impoved. Vid turned out quite nice. It's cut to "aggresive" in some parts for my taste but overall it works.
Just won't watch this a lot cause of the sources.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:12 pm

Streicher wrote:It's cut too "aggresive" in some parts
Agreed, and I didn't care much for the "Wonderwall" text, but other than that, probably one of the more watchable videos using Escaflowne. (I can't stand most Escaflowne videos)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 am

Streicher wrote:I can't stand that music group, nor the the song.
The anime left a sour taste because of its very unsatisfying ending.
Not the best premises for enjoying this amv.^^;
Was still fine to me. Your editing impoved. Vid turned out quite nice. It's cut to "aggresive" in some parts for my taste but overall it works.
Just won't watch this a lot cause of the sources.
Well I’m glad you still enjoyed it lol ^^
But hey the song is so great! :O At least I love it :P
Ileia wrote: Agreed, and I didn't care much for the "Wonderwall" text, but other than that, probably one of the more watchable videos using Escaflowne. (I can't stand most Escaflowne videos)
Thanks^^
It’s the same with me, I haven’t found many Escaflowne videos I really like…

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm

lol that pendulum thing is just too good ^.^ I was following it as it floated across my screen and then when it stopped I was like 'WHY???'
.... I feal like a cat.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”