AUSA: Deadline is Approaching

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VicBond007
Org Profile

AUSA: Deadline is Approaching

Post by VicBond007 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Just a reminder that the AnimeUSA AMV Contest deadline is midnight October 28th. That's 3 weeks from today. Get your videos in ASAP. We cut this deadline too close to the convention as it is, so we will not be extending it!

Rules and FTP info are at:
http://www.animeusa.org/amvs.php

Git 'er done kthxbye.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:16 pm

If you're going to require SCANNED forms for electronic submission, sorry, I don't want to buy a scanner just to enter :p
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm

GAH!

*panics*

Must... work.... faster....

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:37 pm

I'm revamping my fruits basket amv and am going to enter it into the contest. I hope.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:30 pm

:D Roger will do! Thanks for putting up with me -_- this'll be my third consecutive year o.0

*I better win something*

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:25 am

Don't think i'll bother the way things are going .... :x

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:29 pm

Shazzy:
We require a scanned submission form as proof that the submitter is indeed the creator. There have been instances in the past where people have sent in videos done by others, and having a legit signature in front of us helps point fingers. Alternatively, if nobody you know owns a scanner, you can always FTP the entry, and mail us the submission form.

Knowname:
We didn't receive your cash bribe this year, however you still have 3 weeks to mail it to us ;)
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Rem0
Org Profile

Post by Rem0 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:49 pm

The signature thing is just annoying :D. I Understand where you're coming from though.

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:18 pm

VicBond007 wrote:Shazzy:
We require a scanned submission form as proof that the submitter is indeed the creator. There have been instances in the past where people have sent in videos done by others, and having a legit signature in front of us helps point fingers. Alternatively, if nobody you know owns a scanner, you can always FTP the entry, and mail us the submission form.
I have a scanner but lost it's installation CD like 4 years ago.... can we take pics with a digital camera instead?(sounds ghetto, I know :| )

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Unlimited Rice wrote:
VicBond007 wrote:Shazzy:
I have a scanner but lost it's installation CD like 4 years ago.... can we take pics with a digital camera instead?(sounds ghetto, I know :| )
There's this awesome resource called the internet, where you can usually always find drivers for your devices, and more often than not, better ones than those that came in the package!

If you take a picture of each page with a digital camera, at a clear enough resolution that I can read everything (NOT A CAMERA PHONE!) then I will accept that IF accompanied by a text file with all of the pertinent information in it (Just in case).

Return to “AMV Contests”