Sailor Moon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:30 am

UnseenDeath wrote:when i frist started watching sailor moon i was afear of the talking cats. XD strange thing to be scare of...
Really?!? When I first saw Luna speak, I thought it was the cutest thing in the world. Although, there was this little moment in the first ep (when Luna was in Usagi's room telling her she's a champion of justice), she looked like she was far more superior than the human race...that was when I was a little, not scared but freaked.

UnseenDeath
Org Profile

Post by UnseenDeath » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:15 pm

lol! how many Chibi moons are there the whole chibi moon and chibi chibi moon got me all confused
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have.We want to stop reading magazines. Stop watching T.V. Stop caring about Hollywood. But we're addicted to the things we hate

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:08 am

UnseenDeath wrote:lol! how many Chibi moons are there the whole chibi moon and chibi chibi moon got me all confused
Huh? Are you talking about Sailor Chibi Moon? I think there are two, are there? Oh...now I'm confused...when it comes to names of characters...if I don't remember, I just go...yeah, that little kiddy with the pink, spiky meat ball hair doo. :P

UnseenDeath
Org Profile

Post by UnseenDeath » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:30 am

:D lol metal ball hair like ten ten for naruto. my friend tried to do that hair style it was funny
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have.We want to stop reading magazines. Stop watching T.V. Stop caring about Hollywood. But we're addicted to the things we hate

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:31 am

Ok...nobody laugh. Once (when I was a small kid), I asked my hair dresser to do my hair just like Usagi's. However, she could only do twirls on the side of my head...so I was slightly disappoint when it didn't look the same. LOL...now thinking about it...it is pretty funny. So, anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only who's done something quite silly like this, hehe... no offence to your friend, UnseenDeath.

trinigal
Org Profile

Post by trinigal » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:51 am

Lol :D I used to do that to :oops:. Well, actually, my mom would always put my hair in braids but I would attempt to do the "odango-style" and I would fail miserably. :lol:

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:40 am

Did anybody know what the name Usagi means when translated? I seem to remember something like Moon cake/Rabbit cake...hm... :?

trinigal
Org Profile

Post by trinigal » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:25 am

Her name is a pun on the phrase "Rabbit of the moon" (tsuki no usagi).

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:22 am

Oh...so that's what it was...a friend of mine brought it up and the question's been stuck in my head and was starting to bug me :P Thanks

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:51 pm

Actually, all their names are puns.

Ex: Hino Rei - Spirit of fire.
Mizuno Ami - Friend of water
etc.

:)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”