A-Kon 17 Video Events Winners & Feedback!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
rubyeye
Org Profile

A-Kon 17 Video Events Winners & Feedback!!

Post by rubyeye » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:14 pm

THE WINNERS:

Our premiere year for the revised A-Kon AMV contests was a success. We accomplished a lot and delivered a great show (as best we could, anyway). We also learned quite a bit and already have lots of changes on the board for next year. There will be an announcement later outlining some of the details, but for now ..... the Winners for each contest and the Master List of entries can be viewed online at A-Kon Video Events Homepage.

Sorry, I don’t have time right now to link those which may be hosted on “the org”, but maybe later if anyone wants to, or just search for them yourself.

YOUR FEEDBACK:

By my own observations, most people seemed to enjoy the new format. However, I would like to get all of your input, from those of you who attended. Please let me know what you liked, didn’t like, what you think should be changed, added or removed .... any comments and criticisms about the shows, the entries, the presentation format, etc.

I will share your comments with Chris to help us revise the AMV Contests for next year.

You may also post comments directly to him on the Feedback Form.

Just so you know ..... The Experts Video Contest is considered THE AMV Event to see, based on the number of people who attended that show. So if you guys really want a massive audience to see your work, send it in. I know there are stellar video editors out there who could easily win, and we want to see more "high-quality" work to show the masses.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Dang, rubyeye, that was fast! :)

Congratulations everyone! It was a great show.

I'm looking forward to getting the Akira/Steppenwolf vid for my personal collection...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:31 pm

Awesome, I got Honorable Mention (Action/Horror) for the Experts AMV contest. Thanks to all who voted! :D

Big congrats to jub for winning best of show (and for proxying for me) and congrats to all the winners and contestants! 8-) :wink:

Looking at the list of entries, it looked like damn good competition! :shock:

Big thanks to you and Chris for improving the contest at Akon. The entire ftp process went without a hitch and Chris responded really quickly and fixed the error I pointed out in the my video's submission process. Excellent work and I think this will encourage more people to send to Akon in the future. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:35 pm

the 15 seconds of blank seemed very odd... i dont think i mentioned that there... but yea.. O.o

perhaps not putting the videos into categories on the ballot sheets, that became kinda confusing, and well i even voted by category lol

aside from that i discussed most of the things AT the con. technical issues mainly..

but other than that stuff... i think it was a good show... i had fun XD

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:25 pm

omg that was way fun! =D congrats all other pplz! :D

RanChan13
Org Profile

Post by RanChan13 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:53 pm

I was a little upset with some of the technical issues in the Amatuer contest. For example, my video lost 20 seconds of sound that was in working order when I uploaded the video into the contest. The video in question, Mai Wonder Otome. Any idea what happened?
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death
Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:51 pm

RanChan13 wrote:I was a little upset with some of the technical issues in the Amatuer contest. For example, my video lost 20 seconds of sound that was in working order when I uploaded the video into the contest. The video in question, Mai Wonder Otome. Any idea what happened?
Yes, DVD Burning was a bitch! All videos everyone sends in is viewed/played/judged on a computer, flawlessly. Unfortunately, we had so many people send in stuff compressed with different codecs that alot of time was spent "fixing" everything not only to make sure it plays but that it plays once burned onto DVD for the contest.

Whether this is a result of the DVD or the burning program, I can't say since our 'Tech Guy', Ron, does all of that .... but all I know is that your video got cut off because that's what happened to it when burned onto DVD. This is also why so many other videos were glitchy during playback.

Because of this, next year we will be presenting the contests directly off computers and projected onto the screen.

KentaroPJJ
Org Profile

Post by KentaroPJJ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 am

Hahaha!

I was badass cause I was the only video in my category.

Oddly labled "Action/Horror", but was supposed to be "Comedy"

where were all the comedy vids? I had no competition!

Poor Narutowned =(

Though my vid got alot of good response. I appreciate all of it.

But i won fan favorite in the expert's contest!

I liked the contest this year.

It kept us from having to see several boring (no offense to some) Final Fantasy X videos or whatever. And the submission abilities were better this year, too. I liked the FTP.

Yeah.
"Heaven's a little too far away. I couldn't hear her." - Dias Flac (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:03 am

KentaroPJJ wrote:Hahaha!

I was badass cause I was the only video in my category.

Oddly labled "Action/Horror", but was supposed to be "Comedy"

where were all the comedy vids? I had no competition!
Damn. I knew i forgot to do something. Move to the expert contest o.o;;

Hearing all the great things about the DVD authoring, I'm almost afraid to ask, but how did my vid come out?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:15 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Damn. I knew i forgot to do something. Move to the expert contest o.o;;

Hearing all the great things about the DVD authoring, I'm almost afraid to ask, but how did my vid come out?
We were wondering about that, too.... Your vid played fine, and got a great response. It was fun to watch it with a crowd!

Return to “AMV Contests”