Sailor Moon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Beseinen Stalker
Org Profile

Post by Beseinen Stalker » Wed May 17, 2006 5:03 pm

when i say the 'real deal' i don't mean that i bought anything like that manga or the dvds. I mean that i brought myself into reality and out of the dubs lies. Haruka and Michiru being 'cousins' ? Yeah right they can't keep their hands off eachother! They turned all the gay people into girls(which was actually convincing)and even cutting out the stars series cause of all the romance and action(or together like fighting galaxia half naked) I want to atleast know what they sound like in japanese! Must.....have..............Sailor Uranus!!!!!! and Sailor Mars!!!!!

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed May 17, 2006 6:04 pm

I remember in 6th grade I said I watched and everyone was like "You watch it?! OMG Your gay!"

And I was like "I'm gay because I watch half naked women fight monsters and transform in the nude every day?"

After that, everyone started watching it. Haha.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Kaivy
Org Profile

Post by Kaivy » Wed May 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:I remember in 6th grade I said I watched and everyone was like "You watch it?! OMG Your gay!"

And I was like "I'm gay because I watch half naked women fight monsters and transform in the nude every day?"

lol i bet that shut them up.
"It's so rare to find beauty and genius all wrapped up into one tiny package." ~ Bulma
If your a DBZ fan and like to RP then visit http://groups.myspace.com/DBZRPGROUP !!!!

Beseinen Stalker
Org Profile

Post by Beseinen Stalker » Wed May 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Kaivy wrote:
Cornwiggle wrote:I remember in 6th grade I said I watched and everyone was like "You watch it?! OMG Your gay!"

that was really funny! I had to see the look on their faces!.........Did girls watch too? or do you have just guy friends?

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Thu May 18, 2006 7:59 am

I watched/taped those dubs religiously. I didn't care that it was hacked up I just wanted to see it. I liked the music too. It was perfect for early/mid 90s pop goodness. Granted I did like "Serena" dubber #2 better. It was a good alternate universe.

However, I love the original too. Some of the music was a bit too 70's sounding for me. That's probably the worst drawback I got from it. The songs I did like I completely rocke out. The orignal opening is awesome with that baseline when they kind of get into that bridge part of the song.

I've seen both subbed and dubbed and all seasons. My favorite would have to be R followed by Stars. The only reason Stars isn't up there on top is because half of it required knowledge of that dreaded SuperS. (...and yet I still bought those damn dvds.)

I wish I had my hands on the manga. I only ended up getting the one with Rei and Minako in private school and the posessing.

My favorite character is Sailor Mars. Even with the dub I always liked her attitude but also the fact that she had an extremely caring side. Despite efforts of the dub killing that caring side I saw right through it from the actions of the animation itself.
Image Image

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Thu May 18, 2006 8:40 am

Beseinen Stalker wrote:
Kaivy wrote:

that was really funny! I had to see the look on their faces!.........Did girls watch too? or do you have just guy friends?
I mainly only talked to guys. The girls back then were so much more mature than us.
¯\(°_o)/¯

KagomeSakuraMoon
Org Profile

Post by KagomeSakuraMoon » Tue May 23, 2006 6:05 pm

I didn't care what ppl said I watched her in high school. And I still love Sailor Moon!! My friends and I say once a moonie always a moonie!!
Sesshoumaru-Luvs-Rin!!
http://shessyluvsrin.deviantart.com <--that is my offical page! Please stop by sometime!

Cinamaroll
Org Profile

Post by Cinamaroll » Tue May 23, 2006 6:37 pm

Lol i watched sailormoon when I was in preschool! It was my very first anime ^^ sailormoon was my hero! I think I like the first season and R the best. I really dont like the last series. Her senshi uniform looks retarded... with the pink puffed shoulders and the gold skirt.... and she is WAYYY to talll.... shes got this mini mini skirt with long long legs :? and the transformation sequence is a bit too angelic for me :shock: Anyway does anyone know of any sailormoon games? Like playstation or nintendo games? Im currently playing the RPG sailormoon - ANother Story on SNES and the games really cool ^^ Are there any other games like that?

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Tue May 23, 2006 6:51 pm

Sailor Moon and most of the rest were never tall. Heck Jupiter was only 5'6. Moon was under 5'3. But yes...they did have very long legs and TOO short skirts.
Image Image

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Tue May 23, 2006 7:11 pm

lilgumba wrote:Sailor Moon and most of the rest were never tall. Heck Jupiter was only 5'6. Moon was under 5'3. But yes...they did have very long legs and TOO short skirts.
There's no such thing as TOO short.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”