AMV Creator vs Forum Presence

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
anneke
Org Profile

AMV Creator vs Forum Presence

Post by anneke » Tue May 16, 2006 1:08 pm

I've met alot of 'major' AMV creators, and then there are those creators who are 'big' on the forums. Some times I look at a name and want to remind myself what 'big' videos the person has made (and to remember if I met them or not), only to find out that despite a large forum presence, they don't have any videos I've heard of. Does anyone else find this happening, and abit interesting?

Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Tue May 16, 2006 1:11 pm

Some people post endlessly on this forum and have never made anything of consequence. Other people have created classics and hardly ever post here, like Tash.

I doubt theres any sort of reasoning behind it other than personality types.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 16, 2006 1:13 pm

A bit, I guess. For one, angelx was a really odd example for a while, becoming a top poster on the forum despite being an AMV creator.

I guess it depends where and how you mainly find AMVs, too. A lot of my favorite AMV creators I know from the community and have more or less frequent contact with; but there's quite a number of high-profile editors without a big forum presence, either (although, as an odd exception, I knew the editors of the now-infamous "Whisper of the Beast" from another forum).

I like being able to get in contact with creators, myself - and in frequent contact, even more so; maybe it shouldn't, but it does actually give me another level of appreciation and understanding of their work (a perfect example of this are the Animasia editors, whom I would've liked just on their own, but a few of them have become my favorites as I watched in context how their worked developed and how it reflected their own leanings and personalities. I can now actually recognize a couple of them just by the way they edit videos).
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 16, 2006 1:14 pm

Otohiko wrote:A bit, I guess. For one, angelx was a really odd example for a while, becoming a top poster on the forum despite not being an AMV creator fairly recently.
fix'd
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Tue May 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Beowulf wrote:Some people post endlessly on this forum and have never made anything of consequence. Other people have created classics and hardly ever post here, like Tash.

I doubt theres any sort of reasoning behind it other than personality types.

wait wait wait

hold on.....

did you just post a logical and coherent reply?

o_o

<3

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue May 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Otohiko wrote:A bit, I guess. For one, angelx was a really odd example for a while, becoming a top poster on the forum despite not being an AMV creator fairly recently.
fix'd
Woot! I'm a counterexample! 8-)

Though I have to thank the old Off Topic forums for that one.
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 16, 2006 1:58 pm

Hmm... I think I have somewhat of a presence here (do I really though?) but, honestly, i've made little of consequence yet...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue May 16, 2006 3:43 pm

I'm suprised my crap gets as much attention as it does O.o

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 16, 2006 3:48 pm

Actually, from the other perspective...

I don't think I can overemphasize the influence of the forums on my AMVing. Honestly, if not for the OT-era .org forums, I wouldn't still be here, let alone making AMVs. The community is what ultimately ended up making me stay and do my own AMVs.

Likewise, if I actually have any popularity as such, then I certainly owe it to the forum crowd and my forum presence. Since I don't really make AMVs that would do well with a general audience, the forums more or less bring the more interested and more unlikely audiences to me by virtue of my constant presence.

In other words, for me - forum presence = major factor.

Ladymercury
Org Profile

Post by Ladymercury » Tue May 16, 2006 4:20 pm

I don't care much for forum presence, if you haven't noticed with my join date and how I am not just posting. :P I usually come here for help and to give help but I do not dabble on topics other than AMVs.
ImageImage
" Gray? You mean GLAY?! I like Jiro! "
The Idiot's Guide To Vegas - A Tutorial for Vegas Video
Lights and Sounds, now up on utoob.

Return to “General AMV”