ACEN Results anybody?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Tue May 09, 2006 9:37 am

Congratulations everyone! Double props for Kisanzi! VNS ftw.
Casting white shadows.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 am

Entries and their status may be found here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/outlawedprod/ ... public.htm

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 am

Q… Is for DJ Izumi!

LOL, maby i woulda done better with Uncle Pro Project.. but then again, i was betting that it woulda been DQ'd... Congrats to the winners.. Acen was a blast! and lets not forget about the Iron Editor!

Both Nessie and Suberunker had great vids! but the judges chose nessie in the end... great job to the both of you and congrats to nessie!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed May 10, 2006 11:46 am

lol, I was #3 :shock:

Congrats to all the winners! ACen seems to be the pre-awa nowadays.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 pm

Castor Troy wrote:lol, I was #3 :shock:

The numbers are a unique value for video tracking purposes. I assign them randomly through a very technically involved process. I'd tell you the exact details but then I'd have to kill you. Rest assured it is a unique process the Outlaw plans to trademark. The only thing I will say is that the process involves 3 elements: My floor, your CDs, and a sharpie.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Thu May 11, 2006 10:09 am

If you would like to see AMV content at Acen be improved whether that be by getting a bigger dedicated room, a showing in main programming, or new programming ideas please post in this thread: http://www.acen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13211

Without feedback and requests it will be harder for us to secure the things we want to improve. We need to prove the demand is there.

Thank you.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu May 11, 2006 11:06 am

Hey guys, I had time to rest up. Today is my LAST final exam (Cisco Networking 1 YAY!) Tomorrow I'll get to finding out how much shipping and handling will cost to mail the winners their very own trophy accompanied by a Sailor Bubba Bobblehead.

Overall I'm very happy with the results of the AMV Contest, and the overall success of the amv room. Please use Outlaw's link and make some comments for us. I'll be taking note of them all.

Oh and Dan, in response to your comment about how "Too Hot" is too cheesy, I agree, I just couldn't think of anything that sounded cool. However I do have a new name.

"Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse" has a nice ring to it. What do you think? (Just joking as that name is totally stolen from Something Awful)

But I do want to have something that sounds good and lets people know "Adults Only" at the same time.

Oh yeah, and I didn't notice until I was handing out the awards, but the creator of "Weapons with Silver Wings" who won best drama lives 15 minutes from my house. It sure is a small world. Well NeoMikey lives even closer. We should like have a party or something sometime.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 am

You have no idea how much that comment makes me happy. I've been working hard to getting AMV at Acen one of the most reputable amv contests out there. The hard part is keeping the contest distict from all the others, while at the same time making fun events for the attendees and creators.

I only hope I can keep the contest in it's climb in popularity. Suffice to say, dan and I will be working on getting new stuff for next year.

Things I want to improve are:

1. Better location and showtime for the first amv contest.
2. Better scheduling of events
3. More new events in the amv room
4. Bigger amv room
5. FTP for online submissions
6. AMV Centric Gameshows
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu May 11, 2006 1:17 pm

SailorDeath wrote:

You have no idea how much that comment makes me happy. I've been working hard to getting AMV at Acen one of the most reputable amv contests out there. The hard part is keeping the contest distict from all the others, while at the same time making fun events for the attendees and creators.

I only hope I can keep the contest in it's climb in popularity. Suffice to say, dan and I will be working on getting new stuff for next year.

Things I want to improve are:

1. Better location and showtime for the first amv contest.
2. Better scheduling of events
3. More new events in the amv room
4. Bigger amv room
5. FTP for online submissions
6. AMV Centric Gameshows
I know how you feel... My list for Anime Evolution is quite similar! (except for 4 & 5)

Now, we both just need to be aboel to come to both repective events :D

Vlad

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu May 11, 2006 6:03 pm

SailorDeath wrote:Tomorrow I'll get to finding out how much shipping and handling will cost to mail the winners their very own trophy accompanied by a Sailor Bubba Bobblehead.
Whee! Bobblehead! :lol:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “AMV Contests”