2006 Logo Contest Nominations Begin

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:11 am

Moha wrote:That "emoticon" is the best? Oh, gimme a break! How do you even put that on a banner? I doubt that it's vector-based and therefore it looks crap when you enlarge it.
https://finepg-5.student.rose-hulman.ed ... hnoes.svgz

Oh yeah, it's a rather lame way to do it. But guess what? IT'S VECTOR-BASED! For my next trick, I might put some effort into vectorizing it.

Now that we've gotten the "omg how do I use this on a banner?!" and "I bet it's not even butter--er, vector-based!" out of the way, I would now like to see how many people think this icon is mine. I mean, clearly, taking it into Inkscape and running "Tile clones" on a 1x1 rectangle is a great indicator of ownership.

Ankomaru
Org Profile

blegh..

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:17 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/DYNAMIC ... 50_225.jpg

I voted for this one, it's the most simple and attractive for a logo, this year's logo wasn't very great too, but atleast you could edit it, and the banners now: not really... or it'll cost you a while...

argh... why can't we take the 2004 logo? I loved that one, only I was too late with making banners.. :(

I'll quit about the logo, I could make a logo next year if it's possible for me.. O_o

Ankomaru
Org Profile

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:21 pm

Moha wrote:That "emoticon" is the best? Oh, gimme a break! How do you even put that on a banner? I doubt that it's vector-based and therefore it looks crap when you enlarge it.
True, it's good for a favicon but no more!

Be more reasonable: the 2005 logo was perfectly fine. Simple but artistic and the color can be easily adjusted for any banner or background.
Personally I think that a vector-based, b&w logo is the best.

Btw, there's only 40 entries... don't you think it's too few?
I can't disagree with you dude... it's too pixelated, and on top: this years logo wasn't very pretty, but you could do a lot with it yes! I don't think an emoticon like that could be a logo, Everybody can make a logo like that. My opinion: Emoticons are emoticons, not logo's.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:30 pm

It's already taller than the banners are allowed to be anyway. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever made it <i>intended</i> it to be resized using Nearest Neighbor in order to get the pixelated effect.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:43 pm

I say the Emoticon is the eaiest to work with.

Making a banner with that is nothing, even using paint.

Logos like Image are just bland rip offs of the 03-04 logo.

Face it, you can't beat the emoticon.

Ankomaru
Org Profile

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 pm

lol, I get the feeling you made the logo, didn't you? :roll:
You're talking about the emoticon like it's holy, you even made an obsession-banner! :shock:

Moha
Org Profile

Post by Moha » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Malificus wrote:Making a banner with that is nothing, even using paint.
Paint is for losers. :P Real banner creators use real image editing software like Photoshop or PSP. :roll:
Logos like ... are just bland rip offs of the 03-04 logo.
Well, in that case: did you come up with a new and unique idea?

Anyway, why isn't there a link to the logo nomination page on the main site?
This way the number of votes will be greatly reduced, as only the members who visit this thread would reach the nomination page. I think that choosing the logo is everyone's case.
Last year, there was a link to the logo contest on the banners page, what about a link like that? Or a link on the news page?
Programmers don't die! They just gosub without return...

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Devira wrote:lol, I get the feeling you made the logo, didn't you? :roll:
Actually, I didn't. I just like making banners, I was bored, and I like the emoticon. why else would I take the time to make this?

Malificus wrote: :o :o :o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o :o :o
:o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o
:o :o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o :o
:o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :o
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen:
:o :mrgreen: Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o :o
:o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o
:o :o :o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o :o :o

Ankomaru
Org Profile

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:14 pm

A perfect work of art with the emoticons, really! :wink:
I can't make it as good as that, but I always loved Emoticon art, except on banners, sorry :p

But how come you don't have the banners on your profilepage? :shock:
I like making banners too.. but the problem here is people just don't have the same idea of a 'good banner', so nobody has the same choise, and some get pissed because their banners are unworthy and vote all unworthy though they are really good.
But the text on it is so unoriginal.. it's like the paper, it get used over and over again, I don't like that on a banner.

blegh.. I can tell different reasons why a banner is voted unworthy though there are good, but I'm hungry and have to go to school over 6 hours, so the best for me is going to bed XDD

I'm going off topic,so let's say: I LIKE THE OTHER ONE!! :p
( good enough to let this text stay, ne? o_o )

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:11 am

Devira , you are right !!!!!!!! 8-)

This "logo" is more a EMOTICON that a logo.

Return to “Site Announcements”