Best first video

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:56 pm

Niotex wrote: wouldnt that fall under your 2nd video actualy? just wondering seeing as you have a other entery prior to that one on your profile and all =)
True, it was listed first (as it was started and finished in basically in only a few hours), but in reality, DGDI1&0? was actually started quite a while before Kyttys Gone Bad and just took me longer to complete due to some technical difficulties at the time - which forced me to redo the work again (if anyone is interested, you can read the video description for the gory details :) ).

KGB was more of a 'video birthday card' than an attempt at a full-fledged AMV, while DGDI1&0? is, a "full fledged" AMV. To quote my video description:
Kyttys Gone Bad video description wrote:This is my second AMV, but first one to be completed (the first, DGDI1&0, has hit a technical snag as of this writing and hopefully will be done soon).
I hope this keeps DGDI1&0? in the running...

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:00 pm

Since the rules last year were this:
Best First Video
The first video ever made public by a creator that was better than all others' first videos (and perhaps even later videos). This video has set high expectations for the video creator’s videos to follow.
I think you may be out of luck.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:03 pm

808-buma wrote:808-buma wrote:
[shamelessselfpromotion]

my first full length AMV: Do Ghosts Dream in Ones & Zeros

as many probably haven't seen it, thought I'd have to kick it into the ring myself Smile

whee!
[/shamelessselfpromotion]
However, no one is going to be able to nominate it for this category because it is not listed as the first vid in your profile. The nominations page for Best First video will only list the first videos in each member's profile.

I was impressed by these first vids:

Again and Again by peropero503

Neverlasting Happiness by kisanzi

Mustang and Hughes: The Friendship Test by GFBeach

Not Enough by Nessephanie
ImageImage

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Kalium wrote:Since the rules last year were this:
Best First Video
The first video ever made public by a creator that was better than all others' first videos (and perhaps even later videos). This video has set high expectations for the video creator’s videos to follow.
I think you may be out of luck.
crap... well, that sorta sucks for me then as KGB is a pretty lame attempt for a first vid - if I could delete it, I would...

AAAAHHHHGGGGHHH

I don't suppose there are any exceptions to the rule?

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:06 pm

nope there are non rules are rules even if we like to break them =)

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:10 pm

silver_moon wrote:
However, no one is going to be able to nominate it for this category because it is not listed as the first vid in your profile. The nominations page for Best First video will only list the first videos in each member's profile.
k - if this is the rule for this years contest, I guess I will have to withdraw my nomination then as DGDI1&0? is not the first video listed on my profile.

Sorry for the confusion...

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:19 am

-shameless-

Reign of sorrow :oops: :roll:

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:42 am

S-UP Complex by xandman aka aLx - Cause there can only be one :!:

greydaze3
Org Profile

Well...

Post by greydaze3 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm

I guess I'll just throw mine out there... I don't expect a win or anything, but it would be nice to see where it sits in accordance to all the other first vids... Dreaming of You

Also, I would like to niminate donte_frasier's The One and Only in this category as well. I thought it was particularly well done for a first vid.

seabird
Org Profile

Post by seabird » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:23 pm

*shameless too* Here's my first video, with a star rating of 3.99. Made back in Feb. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=61576
I was so proud of this one....

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2006”