Overused Musical Artist Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:14 pm

Nandez wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:
godix wrote:Question, can I use music from Evenescence, Creed, or Seether? We could make a complilation DVD of the contest full of those bands and send it into the record labels.
Please do so. :? F'in bastards.. I buy there freakin' music so I could use it on AMVs. No more.. I've lost respect for them if there going to attack fan made videos. Umm where is the info on them finding out about the org and being mad about it. It's funny how anime companies don't care that we're doing this but those bastard sell outs are.. for shame. :shakes head:
LOL
Its not so much the bands said attack those people right there useing our music!
Its the company that represents them.
Pluse anime companies don't have any reason to stop it.Videos make people interested in anime making them go buy it sometimes.If someone finds a song by one of those bands they like they could just go off and download it.
Plus why would anime companies care when they let people use popular animes in hentai movies and hentai dolls.
1. its all off topic
2. people can easily rip off the anime too
3. coppiewrite laws are different in japan I'm sure of it
4. it seems to me the record label was "forced" into it by some pathetic moron who wanted to ask the band if they endorsed the AMVs created and hosted here... that moron (and all others like them) should be the ones cornered and beaten with sticks not the Label... cause I highly doubt that the label actually wanted to go there

either way back to the contest, and if you want to exclude Evenescence due to circumstances then its up to you.... but you could always share info over PM and Email... or AIM or something, there are other ways to transferr these AMVs other than direct contact with this site o.0

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:30 pm

OK, how do you want me to do this people? Do I just do all the voting.. have this viewers choice or get's some people to be judges to vote on it? Either way I'm thinking of maybe getting this done sometime soon. I could stop accepting further entries and just go ahead with reviewing these myself.. or have it viewers choice. What do you say?

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:31 pm

Since you have to give the ops(when they win), I'd just say judge yourself. =p
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:55 pm

SQ wrote:Since you have to give the ops(when they win), I'd just say judge yourself. =p
Sounds fair. ;P Anyone oppose?

Perfect-Blue
Org Profile

Post by Perfect-Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:12 am

what happened? is the contest closed?what did I missed?

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:23 am

NoGreyProduction wrote:what happened? is the contest closed?what did I missed?
No. Sorry.. I'll get down to watching all the videos and then giving out prizes.. just be patient.. -_- Sorry if I haven't been rushing. Should be soon sometime this month.. I'll except a few more entries then I'll close it. So if you think you've got potential in winning a prize with your vid, then please submit it soon if you still want to get it in.

Perfect-Blue
Org Profile

Post by Perfect-Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:48 am

:shock: but i've submited allready - check it - my post ist right after your main on the first page of this topic
Last edited by Perfect-Blue on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:51 am

NoGreyProduction wrote::shock: but i've submited allready - check it - my post ist right after your main on the first page of this Thread
I was speeking to everybody.

damagicninja
Org Profile

Post by damagicninja » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:19 am

i just got done submitting a new video that i made yesterday. Its End of Evangelion with Tool-Schism. Would that count as overused?? Anyways, I think its a kick ass vid... would like to enter.. Im kinda new to the whole AMV contest thing... never entered one. I need to post my Vampire Hunter D tribute with Deftones-Minerva too...

later peeps

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:01 pm

damagicninja wrote:i just got done submitting a new video that i made yesterday. Its End of Evangelion with Tool-Schism. Would that count as overused?? Anyways, I think its a kick ass vid... would like to enter.. Im kinda new to the whole AMV contest thing... never entered one. I need to post my Vampire Hunter D tribute with Deftones-Minerva too...

later peeps
sure.
x_rex30 wrote:No. Sorry.. I'll get down to watching all the videos and then giving out prizes.. just be patient.. -_- Sorry if I haven't been rushing. Should be soon sometime this month.. I'll accept a few more entries then I'll close it. So if you think you've got potential in winning a prize with your vid, then please submit it soon if you still want to get it in.
Just noticed I wrote except instead of accept. woops :oops:

Return to “AMV Contests”