New Org Sister Site Launches

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:09 am

how do you pay the costs? through donations?

and will they get an OT forum?
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 am

Hey,
downwithpants wrote:how do you pay the costs? through donations?

and will they get an OT forum?
Once the costs kick in, each download will cost a minimum of 2 cents. Either the band can cover that cost ($20 = 1000 downloads), the band can split that cost with the downloader ($20 = 2000 downloads), the band can push all that cost to the downloader (free for the band), or the band can mark the recording up and take some for themselves (2 cents or 20% of the selling price with a max of 20 cents goes to the site, the rest to the band directly). This means a band can set the price of a song to 10 cents, keep 8 for themselvs and the site gets 2 cents. This means that 80% of the revene goes to the band. I don't know of a site that does better.

Each band manager can moderate their band's forum as they see fit, keeping the forum as on or off topic as they want.

Phade.

gangstaj8
Org Profile

Post by gangstaj8 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:40 am

Dang, I wish there had been something like this several years ago when I actually had a group. Although, there may have been and I just missed it. :( Anyway, good luck to this, I'll definately keep my eyes on it.

I'm assuming this is open to pretty much anybody who wants to put their music up. But what about bands who have recorded songs that aren't original pieces? I guess re-makes would be the term here. Can they upload those songs, or will the site only host orignal works?
The Golden Rule of AMV's: "Render unto others as you would have them Render unto you."

lenu
Org Profile

Post by lenu » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:22 am

Sounds like a great idea; I'll be checking this new site out from time to time.
Aku Soku Zan
Slay Evil Immediately

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:12 am

gangstaj8 wrote:But what about bands who have recorded songs that aren't original pieces? I guess re-makes would be the term here. Can they upload those songs, or will the site only host orignal works?
Those are called "Covers".
Phade wrote:If you are in or know a band that has written and recorded their own music (no cover songs, yet), please have them check out the site.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:18 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:I'm going to post this at several places I know of that have a musician community :D I rather like the idea, and would be very happy to see it take off.
Yeah, me too... this idea deserves all the help it can get... I have some questions regarding registration, but I might just postpone asking them till I'm the forums there ;)

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:33 am

I really like this idea^^
I'm going to tell all the bands I know from this site^^ (I know quite a lot bands, some of my friends have bands^^)

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:09 am

Hrm...my brother's various bands are all broken up, but they did record several albums worth of stuff over the years (several songs of which ended up in my AMVs :P). He'd probably be interested in posting some of their stuff just to get it out there for the hell of it. I'll definitely pass it on.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:13 am

I'm a little confused about it. Let's say I make hip hop beats and would like to distrubute them, does the site do that? I just want it available for anyone to see or download just like the org but I can't find a place to do it on the site.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:16 am

Hey,
Rurounikeitaro wrote:I'm a little confused about it. Let's say I make hip hop beats and would like to distrubute them, does the site do that? I just want it available for anyone to see or download just like the org but I can't find a place to do it on the site.
For the purpose of the site, anything that can be recorded is a "song". This means actual music, spoken word, sound effects, etc. are all legitimate uploads.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”