THE "UNEARTHED" PROJECT!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:01 pm

jethropr wrote:
Pie Row Maniac wrote:Track 8 - This one blows my mind o_O Awesome editing but a bit overwhelming. My personal favorite track.
wow pie, I'm honored
Actually that was aimed at the Gungrave track. :oops:

damnit did I get the track numbers mixed up?
Image Image

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:03 pm

The Gungrave track was Track 9, and that's done by kisanzi. :roll:
ImageImage

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Ohhh I forgot the Arjuna track. Geez aren't I the heel...
Image Image

jethropr
Org Profile

Post by jethropr » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:40 am

MY WORLD HAS BEEN CRUSHED!!!!! :evil:

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Quick comments:

Track #01 - Very pretty - definitely one of my favorite parts. I love the use of layers.
Track #02 - I like this one. It's simple and it flows together nicely.
Track #03 - I don't like the Animatrix, but I think Prodigi did an excellent job with it - everything is timed up perfectly, and I like the effects used at the end.
Track #04 - This is another movie I don't really care for, but the track was well done. The intensity of the music matched with the scenes used.
Track #05 - I've never heard of this anime before - the sync could probably be a little tighter, but I enjoyed it overall.
Track #06 - This track seemed a little jumpy, but I do like the scene selection at the beginning.
Track #07 - I really liked the second half of this video - flowed together nicely.
Track #08 - Whenever I hear this track, it reminds me of gardens and flowers and what not, so it was really nice to see that used. I haven't seen this anime, but I really enjoyed this track - especially the ending.
Track #09 - I love the effects! This track is lot's of fun to watch. Excellent job on this one, kisanzi.
Track #10 - Hmm... yay for sexy ninja angst!
Track #11 - I haven't seen this anime, but the track was pretty well done considering the amount of time Vega Sailor had to work on it.
Track #12 - This track is a little slow for my tastes, but I do love that bit of angst in the end.
(angst is always good :wink: )
Track #13 - This is a fun track. Nicely timed up.
Track #14 - My other favorite track. A great ending for the project!

I'm really impressed at how great this turned out. Vega Sailor did an excellent job organizing this. I joined in the project late, so I didn't have as much time to work on my track. But considering that this was my first multi-editor project, I had fun. I actually went and bought the CD after listening to the mix :P

Overall, great job everyone :)

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Fixed >_>

Track 1 (Vega Sailor) - Great transparency work, one of my favorite tracks
Track 2 (Fate Bringer) - Could've been a little sharper on the timing but I still enjoyed it
Track 3 (Prodigi) - Great timing and effects. I liked this one.
Track 4 (Que?) - OMG SUCKED!!1 >_>
Track 5 (angelx03) - Awkward timing but good action
Track 6 (Supersaiyan313) - Good editing and almost all the scenes fit the mood perfectly
Track 7 (Marco) - Some of the sadder scenes in the beginning didn't fit the song to me and the anime could've been fixed up quality-wise but I really liked the later part with the other song
Track 8 (Jethro) - Very pretty. The editing was done nicely (the world is not egg-shaped! :P) but the video made me feel pleasent and made me smile.
Track 9 (Kisanzi) - This one blows my mind o_O Awesome editing but a bit overwhelming. My personal favorite track.
Track 10 (inverse) - I really liked the effects used. There was obviously a story element involved but I had a hard time understanding what it was.
Track 11 (Vega Sailor) - Interesting anime choice. Effects were nice but there was some small timing issues at the very end.
Track 12 (Scoob) - Not to be harsh but it was kinda boring. Most of the editing was decent but I think a different anime would have worked better.
Track 13 (OtakuForLife) - Great action and timing but too many spoilers :P
Track 14 (BigDude) - A good ending to the project. Editing and effects were nicely done but I wouldn't ditched the white lines that appeared frequently.

Yar, now everyone is satisfied.
Image Image

Scoob
Org Profile

Post by Scoob » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:09 pm

*inverse* wrote:Quick comments:

Track #12 - This track is a little slow for my tastes, but I do love that bit of angst in the end.
(angst is always good :wink: )

Overall, great job everyone :)
Pie Row Maniac wrote:
Track 12 (Scoob) - Not to be harsh but it was kinda boring. Most of the editing was decent but I think a different anime would have worked better.
Thanks for the honest opinions it's great help.

I had fun working on the track and great work everyone. Nice job putting it together Vega Sailor.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Vega Sailor
Org Profile

Post by Vega Sailor » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Do you guys (participants) have access to opinions left for the "Unearthed Project?

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:26 pm

Vega Sailor wrote:Do you guys (participants) have access to opinions left for the "Unearthed Project?
No - unless we each leave an opinion, I think you'll be the only one who gets to see them.

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:49 am

Great job on this MEP , Even though I felt that there was great different in pace and editting involvement between some of the tracks, it all worked out together into an enjoyable big picture. This is a very well done tribute to the band^_^ The editors should give themselves a good pat of the back for this one ^_^

My favourite tracks are 1, 3,9 and 11

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”