Nekocon AMV

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Editinghermit
Org Profile

Nekocon AMV

Post by Editinghermit » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:02 am

Hiya everyone! :D

Is there anyone out there who knows the current progress of this year's Nekocon AMV contest? Number of entries, finalists, playing times, etc.

I'd appreciate any info anyone has on the contest! Just curious, since the con is getting close.

Thanks again! 8-)
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:55 pm

I'd like to know as well. I submitted a video and would like to know if it is in the contest.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:00 am

I too would like to know about this ^^
ImageImageImageImage

ANTDrakko
Org Profile

Post by ANTDrakko » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:49 am

Well, I'm here @ Nekocon right now.

Here are the list of videos that are shown:

Action

Adam Porrovecchio // Theme to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe // Ronin Warriors // Theme to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe // Filmation

Burning Noodle Productions // Deify // Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children // Deify // Disturbed

Jessica McCumbee // So Cold // Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children // So Cold // Breaking Benjamin

Justin Rollins // Let the Chuunins Hit the Floor // Naruto // Let the Bodies Hit the Floor(XXX remix) // Drowning Pool

Michael Zubrzycki // Keep Moving Forward // "Slayers, Slayers Next, Slayers Try" // Believe // Nami Tamaki

Comedy

Justin Rollins // Azumanga DIE-OH // Azumanga Daioh // Various // Various

Michael Zubrzycki // Where’s My Schwartz? // VARIOUS // Spaceballs Soundtrack // The Spinners/John Morris

Nathaniel Silverthorn // Gonna Make you Sweat // Various // Gonna Make you Sweat // C&C Music Factory

Richard Bradford // Dancing Fool // Trigun // Dancing Fool // Frank Zappa

Drama

Boyd Hale // Major Tom (Coming Home) // The Wings of Honneamise // Major Tom (Coming Home) // Peter Schilling

Christian Fuller // Deeper // Cowboy Bebop: The Movie // Deeper Underground // Jamiroquai

Chris McGuirk // Nicholas D. Wolfwood (part 1) // Trigun // N-B-C- // Vroom

David Warner // Utena's Broken Heart // Revolutionary Girl Utena // Broken // Seether and Amy Lee

Jessica Baker // Scars // Fushigi Yugi OVA // Scars // Papa Roach

Matt Bottorff // Tear Stained Hearts // Various // Hear You Me // Jimmy Eat World

Ruaan Stone // My Immortal // Haibane Renmei // My Immortal // Evanescence

Shawn Lieske // Take me Away // Ayashi no Ceres // Take me Away // Avril Lavigne

Tiajuana Bond // Human Beings (reprise) // Ah! My Goddess: The Movie // Human Beings (reprise) // Seal

Therese LaMarche // You'll Be In My Heart // Fruits Basket // You'll Be In My Heart // Phil Collins

Romance

Adam Porrovecchio // Kiss From A Rose // X // Kiss From A Rose // Seal

Karen Covington // Iris // Kaitou Saint Tail // Iris // Goo Goo Dolls

Matt Bottorff // Love's First Glance // Chobits // I Caught Fire // The Used

Nate Clampitt // And So It Goes // Koi Kaze // And So It Goes // Billy Joel

ORebecca Cheng // When You Come Back Down // Drag-on Dragoon 2 // When You Come Back Down // Nickel Creek

Shawn Smith // Stalker // FLCL // Stalker // Goldfinger

Non Competing

Karen Covington // Clocks // Various // Clocks // Coldplay

John Westbrook // Laughing Man Syndrome // "GITS: Innocence, GITS: SAC" // Stockholm Syndrome // Muse

However, according to the staff, the sound for most of the bass intensive songs has really sounded distorted due to either the orignal sound quality and because of the bad acoustics of the room.

Each video was shown, though. I'll see if I can find out which video wins what when they announce it.

~Seen

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks for posting with details from the con itself! I'm always curious about the presentation of the contest whenever I can't be there. Be sure to post the winners after the awards ceremony whenever you can! Thanks and have fun at the rest of the con!

ANTDrakko
Org Profile

Post by ANTDrakko » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:22 am

Alrighty, from what I can remember, here are the winners:

"Fan Favorite" and Best Action:
Justin Rollins // Let the Chuunins Hit the Floor // Naruto // Let the Bodies Hit the Floor(XXX remix) // Drowning Pool

Best Drama:
Therese LaMarche // You'll Be In My Heart // Fruits Basket // You'll Be In My Heart // Phil Collins

Best Technical:
Christian Fuller // Deeper // Cowboy Bebop: The Movie // Deeper Underground // Jamiroquai

Best Romance:
Shawn Smith // Stalker // FLCL // Stalker // Goldfinger

Now, this is simply my opinion and my opinion alone, but I honestly believe that Action and Drama and maybe Romance could have been chosen MUCH better. But alas, nothing can be done and absolutely no offense to the winner, but I was quite disappointed in this contest.

I'll try and find links later. I'm tired and its 2:30AM. 'night all and grats to the winners!

~Seen

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:56 am

ANTDrakko wrote:Alrighty, from what I can remember, here are the winners:

Best Technical:
NO WAY! Oh why, oh why do I have to be broke right now?! I wish I could have been there! Congratulations to all the winners and everyone in the contest!

BTW, Deeper will be up in a couple of weeks. I'll let y'all know.

Thanks!
CPFuller
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:22 pm

This one was also one of the winners:

Best Comedy
Michael Zubrzycki // Where’s My Schwartz? // VARIOUS // Spaceballs Soundtrack // The Spinners/John Morris

Hopefully I can get this on the org by the end of the month!
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:20 am

ANTDrakko wrote:Alrighty, from what I can remember, here are the winners:

Best Drama:
OMG!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I won. :D Thanx to everyone who voted and congrads to everyone who entered.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:29 am

Congrads to all the winners :D
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Return to “AMV Contests”