AUSA 2005 Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Wow 0.0

Sweat made it in...

should I start crying now because its up against The Race?
ImageImageImageImage

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
VicBond007 wrote:Nightowl and Friends
Dear god :shock:
:shock: OK, I hadn't seen that. I'll definitely have to grab that one after the con...
Kusoyaro wrote:
Ashyukun wrote:
vicbond008 wrote:
How on earth did you manage to misquote him like that? :lol:
It was intentional- I just watched Hell 3 over the weekend (and I screwed up typing the BBCode 'quote'). :P
JCD wrote::lol: Seriously, it would've been great for more serious competition.
True- but given it went to both AWA and Manifest, I don't want to be sending it around too much, even if the con rules don't prohibit it in any way. And I'm actually going to SugoiCon this coming weekend, and would rather use up one final submission at a con that I can actually see the audience reaction at. ;)

Good luck! 'The Spirit of the Stage' was an awesome dance video- I leave taking down 'The Race' in your hands. ;)
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:39 pm

Ashyukun wrote: And I'm actually going to SugoiCon this coming weekend, and would rather use up one final submission at a con that I can actually see the audience reaction at. ;)
Cool I Hope to see you there, I'll make sure to wear my Shining Finger Jersey
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:49 pm

JCD wrote:
Pwolf's Anime Music Videos As the World Crashes Down
thefinalact.net Y.A.B.V
Come on guys, how old are these videos now? I've got no right to complain since I don't really know the contest, but that just sucks in my opinion.
There are quite a few "older" videos in there that have seen plenty of con-attention in the last year and although I agree, if they don't violate the rules well...there ya go.

Good luck to everyone!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Aah well, maybe next year. But I love that not everybody gets into these things. Makes you proud to even be a finalist, like I was in my first con ;p haha! Well congrats to the finalists and good luck!

It is rather disconcerting to see videos that you've seen or competed against at con after con. But that just makes you that much more proud when you DO make it in! I Know I'da' been in there anyway if it wasn't for Pwolf's year old POS...
Last edited by Knowname on Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:49 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:
Ashyukun wrote: And I'm actually going to SugoiCon this coming weekend, and would rather use up one final submission at a con that I can actually see the audience reaction at. ;)
Cool I Hope to see you there, I'll make sure to wear my Shining Finger Jersey
Guess I should look for both of you. I'll be there as well... none of my videos either fit into their categories or were short enough to make it into the contest. Oh well...
ImageImageImageImage

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:53 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Cool I Hope to see you there, I'll make sure to wear my Shining Finger Jersey
I'll more than likely have on my ELP Afro Ken T-shirt at least on day (probably Saturday), though it might be a bit cool for that. I should have on my 'org badge though. I'll keep an eye out for you though as well.
ngsilver wrote:Guess I should look for both of you. I'll be there as well... none of my videos either fit into their categories or were short enough to make it into the contest. Oh well...
Their categories were rather difficult to fit things into. I'm likely to draw the ire of some of the others who send in to drama because they lumped romance in with it, which means my upbeat, bouncy new romance video was destined to go into the 'Drama' category. :? (assuming it makes the cut, of course :wink:)
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:29 pm

Yeah there rules were a bit anal for me. i mean there where 16 pages of rules
Ill probobly just go for saturday cause i dont want to have to pay for a room. they havent put the schedule yet but im hoping they put the contest on saturday so i can check it out. I dusted off one of my older videos that hadnt won anything, but then again i never submitted it before eather so we will see.

Did any of you guys get any kind of comfirmation about your videos yet
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:06 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Yeah there rules were a bit anal for me. i mean there where 16 pages of rules
Ill probobly just go for saturday cause i dont want to have to pay for a room. they havent put the schedule yet but im hoping they put the contest on saturday so i can check it out.
Their contest coordinator is a friend of mine and it's his first time handeling a contest as far as I know. He's a very thourough kind of guy. But from previous years I know the contest usually was on Friday night, which annoyed me because in years past I only went on Saturday (drove from Lexington). I can imagine it'll be the same this year.
ImageImageImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AUSA 2005 Finalists

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:36 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
VicBond007 wrote:30 White Castle hamburgers later
You lucky bastard!!

Oh well...guess there's gotta be some boon to living in Jersey :P
Two words: pork roll. :P
ImageImage